ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby TreyHouston » Wed May 10, 2017 7:39 pm

If I open an unlocked door and walk into you house, Am I your guest? If "you" believe in open borders, why do you have locks on your doors and a fence in your yard? Are you discriminating against others?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16445
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed May 10, 2017 9:31 pm

TreyHouston wrote:If I open an unlocked door and walk into you house, Am I your guest?

Oh, I like that analogy, I like it a lot.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby Flightmare » Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:If I open an unlocked door and walk into you house, Am I your guest?

Oh, I like that analogy, I like it a lot.

Chas.


A better analogy would be not just a guest, but a resident who has just as much right to be there as you. A guest can be asked to leave. Those who would support open borders would advocate that it is not right for us to ask them to leave.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2243
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby bblhd672 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:If I open an unlocked door and walk into you house, Am I your guest?

Oh, I like that analogy, I like it a lot.

Chas.


A better analogy would be not just a guest, but a resident who has just as much right to be there as you. A guest can be asked to leave. Those who would support open borders would advocate that it is not right for us to ask them to leave.


One better- not a guest or a resident but a family member.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

User avatar

flowrie
Senior Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:16 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby flowrie » Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 am

I believe AG Sessions already issued a travel advisory, " Border is not open, do not come ".
NRA Life Member, NGAT Life Member, NTSA Member

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby Pawpaw » Thu May 11, 2017 8:59 am

Image
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin 1759

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

Dadtodabone
Senior Member
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby Dadtodabone » Fri May 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Scott Farkus wrote:
oohrah wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading! The ACLU exists solely to protect the Bill of Rights (yes, that includes the 2nd Amendment), you know, those amendments that protect the individual from the majority. This is the same group that is defending your right to keep and bear arms.

The "sanctuary city" bill went too far IMO ,because it gives the police near "papers please" powers. This bill will legitimize the profiling of honest citizens.

I support the basic intent of the bill that if you are illegal, you are a criminal, and should be handed over to the Feds, but the state is trying to tell local jurisdictions how to do their jobs.


I'd be interested in seeing a link to a single time the ACLU defended the 2nd Amendment, at least in a way that the members of this forum view it. As I recall, the ACLU doesn't believe that the right to keep and bear applies to inviduals.

The Nevada state level organization. https://www.aclunv.org/en/issues/second-amendment
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3538
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby Jusme » Fri May 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Dadtodabone wrote:
Scott Farkus wrote:
oohrah wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading! The ACLU exists solely to protect the Bill of Rights (yes, that includes the 2nd Amendment), you know, those amendments that protect the individual from the majority. This is the same group that is defending your right to keep and bear arms.

The "sanctuary city" bill went too far IMO ,because it gives the police near "papers please" powers. This bill will legitimize the profiling of honest citizens.

I support the basic intent of the bill that if you are illegal, you are a criminal, and should be handed over to the Feds, but the state is trying to tell local jurisdictions how to do their jobs.


I'd be interested in seeing a link to a single time the ACLU defended the 2nd Amendment, at least in a way that the members of this forum view it. As I recall, the ACLU doesn't believe that the right to keep and bear applies to inviduals.

The Nevada state level organization. https://www.aclunv.org/en/issues/second-amendment


Read their statement closely. It says with Constitutionally allowed restrictions. This is their same stance everywhere. They don't belive the statement, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" refers to an individual right.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

Dadtodabone
Senior Member
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: ACLU Issues Texas ‘Travel Advisory’

Postby Dadtodabone » Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Jusme wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
Scott Farkus wrote:
oohrah wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading! The ACLU exists solely to protect the Bill of Rights (yes, that includes the 2nd Amendment), you know, those amendments that protect the individual from the majority. This is the same group that is defending your right to keep and bear arms.

The "sanctuary city" bill went too far IMO ,because it gives the police near "papers please" powers. This bill will legitimize the profiling of honest citizens.

I support the basic intent of the bill that if you are illegal, you are a criminal, and should be handed over to the Feds, but the state is trying to tell local jurisdictions how to do their jobs.


I'd be interested in seeing a link to a single time the ACLU defended the 2nd Amendment, at least in a way that the members of this forum view it. As I recall, the ACLU doesn't believe that the right to keep and bear applies to inviduals.

The Nevada state level organization. https://www.aclunv.org/en/issues/second-amendment


Read their statement closely. It says with Constitutionally allowed restrictions. This is their same stance everywhere. They don't belive the statement, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" refers to an individual right.

Not at all the same, the others all state their disagreement with SCOTUS rulings like Heller.
https://www.aclunv.org/en/news/aclu-nev ... gun-owners
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: warnmar10 and 13 guests