New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22860
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue May 16, 2017 6:01 pm

"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby Pawpaw » Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 pm

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

I ordered two. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts: 17574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby Keith B » Tue May 16, 2017 7:34 pm

I don't know about that....
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts: 16469
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby WildBill » Tue May 16, 2017 9:08 pm

"rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3835
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby Jusme » Tue May 16, 2017 9:14 pm

"rlol" "rlol"

I need that for every room so when I forget why I walked in there it can tell me. :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby treadlightly » Tue May 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Jusme wrote:"rlol" "rlol"

I need that for every room so when I forget why I walked in there it can tell me. :smilelol5:


The normal functioning of a brain handling multlple goals with dexterity - https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ou-forget/

When you change context, there is a lot of higher reasoning involved.

Sometimes pistol matches are unexpectedly difficult because as the context shifts it becomes more challenging to execute an overall game plan. One stage may require very different tactics from the next.

Which is.... what were we talking about again?

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts: 16469
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby WildBill » Tue May 16, 2017 9:59 pm

treadlightly wrote:
Jusme wrote:"rlol" "rlol"

I need that for every room so when I forget why I walked in there it can tell me. :smilelol5:


The normal functioning of a brain handling multlple goals with dexterity - https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ou-forget/

When you change context, there is a lot of higher reasoning involved.

Sometimes pistol matches are unexpectedly difficult because as the context shifts it becomes more challenging to execute an overall game plan. One stage may require very different tactics from the next.

Which is.... what were we talking about again?

Could you repeat the question? :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts: 3145
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: New Device for Old Folks: the Amazon Echo

Postby chasfm11 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 am

WildBill wrote:Which is.... what were we talking about again?
Could you repeat the question? :mrgreen:


Uh-huh.....
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cmgee67, Don T, Wolverine and 6 guests