Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2710
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby bblhd672 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 pm

NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby treadlightly » Wed May 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Fortunately this is a division of philosophy, not of hatred, the defense of America on this front best accomplished with illumination, not violence.

Excepting those times when anarchists and criminals want to devolve your neighborhood into a Fergusonian utopia. Times like that, one has to fill one's fist with more than good intentions.

Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason.

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts: 9416
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Richardson, TX

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby AndyC » Thu May 18, 2017 9:27 am

I'm starting to see the media as a bigger enemy than the Democrats themselves (yes, I'm aware many in the media are democrats).
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners


RossA
Senior Member
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Houston, Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby RossA » Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 am

treadlightly wrote:Fortunately this is a division of philosophy, not of hatred, the defense of America on this front best accomplished with illumination, not violence.

Excepting those times when anarchists and criminals want to devolve your neighborhood into a Fergusonian utopia. Times like that, one has to fill one's fist with more than good intentions.

Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason.


You are a greater optimist than I am.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6990
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby Abraham » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

treadlightly,

"Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason."

You're either joking or being sarcastic...

Which one, please?


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6990
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby Abraham » Thu May 18, 2017 11:21 am

One of the many bogus slogans of the left is they want to save humanity...

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H.L. Mencken

...while I wait for tl's response...


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby treadlightly » Thu May 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Abraham wrote:treadlightly,

"Otherwise, though, I hope the war can be won by enlightenment and reason."

You're either joking or being sarcastic...

Which one, please?


Yeah, yeah, I know. Pretty slim odds it will happen.

We've got problems.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6990
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby Abraham » Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm

treadlightly,

I'm not even guardedly optimistic.

The leftist/commies are boiling out of the woodwork like evil little fire ants, but while they have hysterics on their side, we have hardware on ours...

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts: 5409
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby Liberty » Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Hopefully we have more than just fire power. We also have facts, reason, logic and common sense. There are some who claim we even have the numbers as in the silent majority.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22861
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby The Annoyed Man » Fri May 19, 2017 3:59 pm

A very good blog post on the topic, actually written back in 2014: http://taxicabdepressions.com/?p=1193. Warning: it isn't FULL of profanity, but there are a few words sprinkled throughout what is a very long post. Excellent reading though, and I can't say that I disagree with the author too much.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22861
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby The Annoyed Man » Fri May 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Liberty wrote:Hopefully we have more than just fire power. We also have facts, reason, logic and common sense. There are some who claim we even have the numbers as in the silent majority.

We also have restraint.......which is why the other side is winning. In another blog post, this author wrote the following:
The War in the Vendée is interesting for a number of reasons, but one important lesson is the fervor of those protecting their way of life is no match for the zeal of the Utopian fanatic building his paradise. The romantic rustics of the countryside were beaten by the savvy fanatics of Paris. It was not just the numbers or the resources. The people of the Vendée were people defending the limits of human conduct, while the Committee For Public Safety was limited only by its imagination. They would do anything to reach the promised land.

That is the burden of our side........we are defending the limits of human conduct. The left is limited only by its imagination. In other words, I believe that we are stuck way up high on Bandini Mountain, without skis or rope.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2710
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby bblhd672 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:53 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:In other words, I believe that we are stuck way up high on Bandini Mountain, without skis or rope.


:iagree: although I had to look up "Bandini Mountain".
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"


stroo
Senior Member
Posts: 1590
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:46 pm
Location: Coppell

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby stroo » Fri May 19, 2017 6:03 pm

After Trump was elected, there were FB posts by what I thought were snowflakes, expressing concern the Trump's election would lead to violence. I didn't realize at that time that those were threats, not worries. But now we have organized gangs using bats, pepper spray and masks to attack conservatives. We are in a civil war and it is not just a war of philosophies.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22861
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby The Annoyed Man » Mon May 22, 2017 6:41 am

stroo wrote:After Trump was elected, there were FB posts by what I thought were snowflakes, expressing concern the Trump's election would lead to violence. I didn't realize at that time that those were threats, not worries. But now we have organized gangs using bats, pepper spray and masks to attack conservatives. We are in a civil war and it is not just a war of philosophies.

And the reason those mooks are still alive is because the rest of the country believes in personal restraint. When the rest of society gets pushed far enough, those bats and pepper spray aren't going to be much use against firearms. And the mooks aren't going to have the benefit of victim status when they get shot in self defense.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre


EastTexasRancher
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: Winning the Civil War of Two Americas

Postby EastTexasRancher » Mon May 22, 2017 7:15 am

Tam, if this site had a "like" button, I'd "like" your response. I truly feel we are very close to the restraint busting plumb loose. And then.....it's going to be ugly. Very ugly.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests