California Lege Considering Traffic Fine Based On Income

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

California Lege Considering Traffic Fine Based On Income

Post by Abraham »

According to some California legislators, if you get a traffic fine, the amount of the fine should be based on your income.

They've gone completely bonkers...

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: California Lege Considering Traffic Fine Based On Income

Post by WTR »

Abraham wrote:According to some California legislators, if you get a traffic fine, the amount of the fine should be based on your income.

That is how they do it in Switzerland .

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Omg
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

Hey, let's also assess the fine based upon race. I mean, whites statistically earn more and of course there's that white privilege and such....

Just slam that one in there too. If you're white, add another 15% to the fine. Yes, that sounds reasonable! :banghead:

They all belong into a nut house. Leftist scumbags.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

parabelum wrote:Hey, let's also assess the fine based upon race. I mean, whites statistically earn more and of course there's that white privilege and such....

Just slam that one in there too. If you're white, add another 15% to the fine. Yes, that sounds reasonable! :banghead:

Why would you bring such an idiot racist argument into an area where race was not mentioned..... You race baiting and trolling?

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

WTR wrote:
parabelum wrote:Hey, let's also assess the fine based upon race. I mean, whites statistically earn more and of course there's that white privilege and such....

Why would you bring such an idiot racist argument into an area where race was not mentioned..... You race baiting and trolling?
Because it is just as arbitrary as charging blacks or Jewish people a higher traffic fine. It's a fair though somewhat hyperbolic analogy. Seems to be a clear violation of equal protection of the laws as guaranteed by the 14th amendment, which after all was passed after the Democrat Party slaveholders rebelled... :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Sorry, ...... Bad morning.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

WTR wrote:Sorry, ...... Bad morning.
Life is good, to quote Hickok45. :cheers2:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

If you guys want cheering up, go to the FWPD gun buyback and check out the "entrepreneurs" who set up next door. It made my day, especially after I sold them an old .22 for cash. :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

"That is how they do it in Switzerland"

Well then, if everyone in Switzerland jumped off a bridge, then of course we...

O.K., back to reality.

I'm going to generalize: If all our law is based on income, then what...?

Think about it...please, think about it.

Leftist thinking is insane...

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

parabelum wrote:
WTR wrote:Sorry, ...... Bad morning.
Life is good, to quote Hickok45. :cheers2:
Thanks

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Abraham wrote:"That is how they do it in Switzerland"

Well then, if everyone in Switzerland jumped off a bridge, then of course we...

O.K., back to reality.

I'm going to generalize: If all our law is based on income, then what...?

Think about it...please, think about it.

Leftist thinking is insane...
It is shocking what goes on in Switzerland, and no, I don't want to imulate Switzerland.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Abraham wrote:According to some California legislators, if you get a traffic fine, the amount of the fine should be based on your income.

I see merit to this, looking at it from the perspective of the greater good. Besides, the status quo is such a tired old thing. Equality before the law is so 1776.

If it seems logically topsy-turvy to allow privilege to play a role in justice, consider the rich are less likely to commit violent crime and they make better decisions about money. That's why they are rich. An extra dollar in a rich guy's pocket is more likely to go into providing jobs than left with the poor. Their cars are better maintained, so reckless driving is less of an issue with them.

If California wants to do it right they should make it a self-sustaining feedback loop. The poor could just directly pay the rich to drive faster and run red lights.

Oh, wait -- are they talking about escalating punishment for the wealthy?

Wow. But there is still a chance for societal good if they will just stick to this plan.

Following wealth-based judicial bias to its terminal conclusion, death penalties would come quicker for the landed than the serf, and it's the wealthy who contribute more through death taxes.

Good thinking, California!

:biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WTR wrote:

That is how they do it in Switzerland .
Yep. My neighbors are Swiss, and I remember being aghast when they told me that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ScottDLS wrote:
WTR wrote:

Because it is just as arbitrary as charging blacks or Jewish people a higher traffic fine. It's a fair though somewhat hyperbolic analogy. Seems to be a clear violation of equal protection of the laws as guaranteed by the 14th amendment, which after all was passed after the Democrat Party slaveholders rebelled... :mad5
Switzerland doesn't have a 14th Amendment ;-) ......and California lost their copy of the Constitution. Their dog ate it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”