Antifa going to rally to remove statue of Sam Houston

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Antifa going to rally to remove statue of Sam Houston

Post by locke_n_load »

anygunanywhere wrote:I'm going. Wouldn't miss it for anything.
Tagging people who said they are going, please see my post on the previous page. Copying my text below as well.

All, I have been following the events leading up to the protest and counter-protest. I have been very determined to go to the counter-protest, and I actually just bought a mag holder to wear to the event. However, after doing some research, I really think the antifa protest is/was made by a fake account, and that there won't actually be an antifa protest at all. The facebook account that made the june 10th original event was just created 5 weeks ago, and the houston antifa page claims no ownership or affiliation with that page. Also, the Texas antifa page which made the original protest has 0 positive traffic to their page - no comments by anyone in support of their group at all. Which leads me to believe that the creators of the the "This is Texas" facebook group and the creators of the counter antifa protest are actually trolling/scamming everyone, and may even be the same people who created the Texas antifa page. Take it for what it's worth. The this is texas admins post about all this work they are doing and supplies they are buying, and state that they have been in communications with HPD, but don't provide any proof of communications with anyone. I'm in Houston and was planning on going to this, but now I think I will pass. Or maybe wait till 9:30 to see if anyone other than the "this is texas" admin posts that there are actually some antifa people there.
Last edited by locke_n_load on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Syntyr wrote:
philip964 wrote:
Anyone else going?
HECK YES! My wife has been in the hospital for 5 weeks now. I told her this morning she has to be out by June 9th!
Tagging people who said they were going, please see my post above.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Syntyr wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:I am going. I'll leave Fort Worth super early and come back the same day. Sucks, but it needs to be done.
Thanks AJSully! I am going as well. With my knees I dont move fast but I make a somewhat sizeable wall.
Tagging people who said they were going, please see my post above.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AJSully421 »

locke_n_load wrote:All, I have been following the events leading up to the protest and counter-protest. I have been very determined to go to the counter-protest, and I actually just bought a mag holder to wear to the event. However, after doing some research, I really think the antifa protest is/was made by a fake account, and that there won't actually be an antifa protest at all. The facebook account that made the june 10th original event was just created 5 weeks ago, and the houston antifa page claims no ownership or affiliation with that page. Also, the Texas antifa page which made the original protest has 0 positive traffic to their page - no comments by anyone in support of their group at all. Which leads me to believe that the creators of the the "This is Texas" facebook group and the creators of the counter antifa protest are actually trolling/scamming everyone, and may even be the same people who created the Texas antifa page. Take it for what it's worth. The this is texas admins post about all this work they are doing and supplies they are buying, and state that they have been in communications with HPD, but don't provide any proof of communications with anyone. I'm in Houston and was planning on going to this, but now I think I will pass. Or maybe wait till 9:30 to see if anyone other than the "this is texas" admin posts that there are actually some antifa people there.
I keep hearing this over and over. This is how the left does this stuff. You kept hearing things like "We will beat your butts" and "Bring it on" from them when we only had about 200 people saying that they were Going on FB... then as the numbers got close to 800-1,000... then you started hearing how one group says that this other group does not speak for them, and that one antifa page is fake, "no your antifa page is fake and mine is real" "Is not" "Is too!" then BLM had said that they were not coming, and saying that antifa will not be in Houston, but in San Jacinto, or Huntsville to divide our supporters, and a hundred other things to try and dissuade people from our side from showing up. Now that we have 1,500 who are saying that they are going, it is complete radio silence on their side. They pulled a permit for a protest of 300... we have 1,500, and probably more will show up. They don't like it when it is a fair fight, let alone when they are outnumbered.

Also, this event is about protesting the removal of any statues in Texas, like they did in "The Chocolate City". Whether or not antifa is there is no longer relevant. This is about showing support for this statue, and every other statue in the state that these commies will try to take down because they are "offended". It does not matter one single bit if antifa shows up or not... because 1,500+ Texans will be there.

Don't fall for their disinformation campaign, and don't sit on the sidelines on this one.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

Please exercise restraint if you go to the rally. Check out the Youtube videos on Antifa--this will not be their first rodeo--if they show up. Some of them are itching for a fight--let the police handle it if you can. Just my opinion.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

It's this Saturday. Is there a time?

What is the protocol?

Go to the side with American Flags? Avoid the side with the people in black masks?

Back packs ok? Bringing cans of Pepsi In cooler ok?

Can I bring a lawn chair?

Sorry my first protest.

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pariah3j »

locke_n_load wrote:All, I have been following the events leading up to the protest and counter-protest. I have been very determined to go to the counter-protest, and I actually just bought a mag holder to wear to the event. However, after doing some research, I really think the antifa protest is/was made by a fake account, and that there won't actually be an antifa protest at all. The facebook account that made the june 10th original event was just created 5 weeks ago, and the houston antifa page claims no ownership or affiliation with that page. Also, the Texas antifa page which made the original protest has 0 positive traffic to their page - no comments by anyone in support of their group at all. Which leads me to believe that the creators of the the "This is Texas" facebook group and the creators of the counter antifa protest are actually trolling/scamming everyone, and may even be the same people who created the Texas antifa page. Take it for what it's worth. The this is texas admins post about all this work they are doing and supplies they are buying, and state that they have been in communications with HPD, but don't provide any proof of communications with anyone. I'm in Houston and was planning on going to this, but now I think I will pass. Or maybe wait till 9:30 to see if anyone other than the "this is texas" admin posts that there are actually some antifa people there.
Locke, I am of dual minds on this one.

I saw the back and forth reporting about this and the FB account only being about 5 weeks old, etc. Unless someone more reliable has reported this information, the source of the whole report is very suspect and not reliable.

If the story is correct, it would appear that this whole thing was done to troll people... but then I think about the leftist playbook, about how antifa recruits people to be 'red' and 'yellow' members and the rest are the 'useful idiots' they use to hide behind. Considering they show up, its likely going to be alot of out of state people, and with the intent to stir stuff up. By publicly distancing themselves they can claim to be peaceful, and not the aggressors and spin the whole story as some alt group who started everything. Heck, it might have started out as legit, they saw the push back and legitimate counter protesters that aren't 'the alt-right' and decided to abandon it.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Syntyr »

philip964 wrote:It's this Saturday. Is there a time?

What is the protocol?

Go to the side with American Flags? Avoid the side with the people in black masks?

Back packs ok? Bringing cans of Pepsi In cooler ok?

Can I bring a lawn chair?

Sorry my first protest.

Here is a page with links and all necessary info.

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

AJSully421 wrote:
I keep hearing this over and over. This is how the left does this stuff. You kept hearing things like "We will beat your butts" and "Bring it on" from them when we only had about 200 people saying that they were Going on FB... then as the numbers got close to 800-1,000... then you started hearing how one group says that this other group does not speak for them, and that one antifa page is fake, "no your antifa page is fake and mine is real" "Is not" "Is too!" then BLM had said that they were not coming, and saying that antifa will not be in Houston, but in San Jacinto, or Huntsville to divide our supporters, and a hundred other things to try and dissuade people from our side from showing up. Now that we have 1,500 who are saying that they are going, it is complete radio silence on their side. They pulled a permit for a protest of 300... we have 1,500, and probably more will show up. They don't like it when it is a fair fight, let alone when they are outnumbered.

Also, this event is about protesting the removal of any statues in Texas, like they did in "The Chocolate City". Whether or not antifa is there is no longer relevant. This is about showing support for this statue, and every other statue in the state that these commies will try to take down because they are "offended". It does not matter one single bit if antifa shows up or not... because 1,500+ Texans will be there.

Don't fall for their disinformation campaign, and don't sit on the sidelines on this one.
If you go look at the Texas Antifa page that started up last month that started the event, the only thing on their page is about that event, and there are practically no other posts from that page, and no followers. Who has confirmed they pulled a permit?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

My wife is dropping me and a friend off a couple of blocks away so we don't have to worry about parking.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I talked to my coworker today. He is a member of Sons of Confederates. They are identifying each other as wearing camo. He said they should have a pretty good attendance
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ktfiend »

I'm definitely going.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I can't drive down this weekend, but would if I could. I agree that it would be a good thing to show up even if antifa doesn't. Keep it peaceful and respectful, and pick up your trash when you leave. Do that, and I see it being a positive thing even if there's no opposition. If nothing else, it shows these goons that Texas is ready to oppose them. When threatened, we show up in force. I would also be willing to bet that it will be a pretty good time with a bunch of like-minded people if the antifa folks don't show. Run by costco or sam's on the way and bring a bunch of water and hotdogs and make a bunch of new friends.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Distinguished Rick

Post by Distinguished Rick »

Will there be sandwiches or refreshments? Asking for a friend.
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Return to “Off-Topic”