Antifa going to rally to remove statue of Sam Houston

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Antifa going to rally to remove statue of Sam Houston

Post by philip964 »

I was going to video it with a long lens with a tripod.

I thought about open carrying, in case my presence is not appreciated.

Since then I've realized there may not be a lot of these antidiots there, since it appears they may be really outnumbered as this is not NOLA, but Texas.

I'm thinking CC is now more appropriate.

Anyone else going?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

Anyone going please be careful and watch your back all the time. At some point these antifi communist idiots are going to make a mistake, cross a line or do something that will set off shots being exchanged. There are extremists on both sides with mouths watering in anticipation of the shooting to start.
Although I'd like nothing more than to see the commies limp and stagger out of Texas with their tails between their legs, once the shooting starts at these commie rallies it is going to be hard to put that genie back in the bottle.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

bblhd672 wrote:Anyone going please be careful and watch your back all the time. At some point these antifi communist idiots are going to make a mistake, cross a line or do something that will set off shots being exchanged. There are extremists on both sides with mouths watering in anticipation of the shooting to start.
Although I'd like nothing more than to see the commies limp and stagger out of Texas with their tails between their legs, once the shooting starts at these commie rallies it is going to be hard to put that genie back in the bottle.
:iagree:
Protest but don't be an escalator.

And I don't mean the moving stairs.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

I'm going. Wouldn't miss it for anything.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AJSully421 »

[Post deleted for Rule 4 violation.]
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Syntyr »

philip964 wrote:
Anyone else going?
HECK YES! My wife has been in the hospital for 5 weeks now. I told her this morning she has to be out by June 9th!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 12

Post by locke_n_load »

I should be there. I see that some people will be OCing rifles, but I will only be OCing my G19 and a couple mags - I do not want to look like an aggressor. If anyone is coming from Humble area, would like to carpool. Again, see facebook event for details:

CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

Looks like the City of Houston owns that monument. It is "administered" by its Municipal Arts Commission. Wouldn't hurt to find out who is on that commission and send them a letter that vigorously opposes any attempts to remove that statue, the symbol of which is a hallowed part of our Texas history.

Next Antifa will seek to bulldoze the Alamo and replace it with a gender studies program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston_(sculpture)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 12

Post by locke_n_load »

I believe the "This is Texas" facebook group is trying to get an official petition out to Abbott - would be easy to get signatures at this event...
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Next up: The Texas Flag is racist because the white is over the red. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Don't Kalifornia my Texas!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I'm going to form a group Antico (anti-communists). I'm readying my circle slash Che shirt and my Rambo 'First Blood' t-shirt with "I'd Rather Be Killing Communists" on the back... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

After the Confederates, Who's Next?
https://townhall.com/columnists/patbuch ... t-n2331882
As scholar Charles Murray has written, 97 percent of the world's most significant figures and 97 percent of the world's greatest achievements in the arts, architecture, literature, astronomy, biology, earth sciences, physics, medicine, mathematics and technology came from the West.

What is disheartening is not that there are haters of our civilization out there, but that there seem to be fewer defenders.

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Syntyr »

People are picking this up and running with it. Very organized. HPD is going to put a barricade around the Sam Houston statue and the pro monument This Is Texas group will be allowed in. They have cleared everything with HPD and are really organized. They will have medical team a water hydration team and even security

https://m.facebook.com/events/263150144 ... ef=m_notif
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Syntyr wrote:People are picking this up and running with it. Very organized. HPD is going to put a barricade around the Sam Houston statue and the pro monument This Is Texas group will be allowed in. They have cleared everything with HPD and are really organized. They will have medical team a water hydration team and even security
The problem is in the end the politicians will cave and remove the statue. They probably have all taken campaign contributions from someone aligned with the communist agenda and will be expected to fulfill their obligations accordingly.

Return to “Off-Topic”