Crypto-currencies

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Crypto-currencies

Post by ELB »

AndyC wrote:...
I got into Ethereum a little while ago .
I know people did that in the late 1800s, but I thought it was illegal now... ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I had a wallet with a bitcoin or two back when it was worth nothing. I was mining for them. I lost it because it was worthless.

I've kicked myself several times over the last few months because of that. Thanks for reminding me... :P
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Posts in topic: 1

Post by 869 »

This is funny - I am sure this was recorded first but I've seen his son give the exact same presentation - practically word for word.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by suthdj »

Crypto just like the dollar nothing behind it I will save silver, gold, bullets & bacon.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

ELB

Post by ELB »

There's nothing more behind gold and silver than there is behind any currency. People just agree to assign value to it. Or not. Bullets and bacon have some intrinsic use that can give them value.
USAF 1982-2005

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bblhd672 »

ELB wrote:There's nothing more behind gold and silver than there is behind any currency. People just agree to assign value to it. Or not. Bullets and bacon have some intrinsic use that can give them value.
I'll take bacon over vapo-currency any day! :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Abraham »

I'll take beans and bullets over bit crud any day.

Is such stuff as crypto currency interesting?

Very.

However, I won't be one to use it.

Then again, I still have a land line, so...geezers like me have zero trust in CC, consarn it. Now, hand me ma corn cob and Prince Albert inna can. Where are my kitchen matches...?

george72

Post by george72 »

At work we accept bitcoin for our virtual/hosting services, it is nice as a vendor as there is no way to chargeback a payment. So it lets us accept signups from areas that traditionally have extremely high credit card fraud.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

bblhd672 wrote:
ELB wrote:There's nothing more behind gold and silver than there is behind any currency. People just agree to assign value to it. Or not. Bullets and bacon have some intrinsic use that can give them value.
I'll take bacon over vapo-currency any day! :biggrinjester:
Or bacon bullets
21-Apr-09 filed online

Liberty
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Liberty »

Gold and silver have had value longer than bullets and keeps better than bacon. Silver and gold unlike state currencies and Crypto coin. does have intrinsic value. The value might some day crash , but it will always be worth something. It has a few thousand years of experience behind it.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

If the a problem arises, and society has gone to ****, I would rather trade for your pound of bacon than for your pound of gold. I don't care what conventional wisdom says, after everything goes downhill, gold and silver won't be worth much if you can't eat it, drink it, wear it, medicate with it, defend yourself with it, etc.
Just my opinion.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

RossA wrote:If the a problem arises, and society has gone to ****, I would rather trade for your pound of bacon than for your pound of gold. I don't care what conventional wisdom says, after everything goes downhill, gold and silver won't be worth much if you can't eat it, drink it, wear it, medicate with it, defend yourself with it, etc.
Just my opinion.
That's right! You can't eat gold! Bullets and dry foodstuffs will the coin of the realm after the zombie apocalypse. And motor fuel.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

ScottDLS wrote:
RossA wrote:If the a problem arises, and society has gone to ****, I would rather trade for your pound of bacon than for your pound of gold. I don't care what conventional wisdom says, after everything goes downhill, gold and silver won't be worth much if you can't eat it, drink it, wear it, medicate with it, defend yourself with it, etc.
Just my opinion.
That's right! You can't eat gold! Bullets and dry foodstuffs will the coin of the realm after the zombie apocalypse. And motor fuel.
Well you can use silver to make colloidal silver that cures everything including zombiosis.
21-Apr-09 filed online

Liberty
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Liberty »

I am thinking more along the lines of a collapse of currencies, and governments. The value of gold has survived many collapsing goverments and worthless currencies. I am covering all the bases though, I have a stock of fishing supplies, ammo, non-hybrid seeds and non-perishable food. Lots of Radio equipment and even a few cases of water.
In any disaster, though I suspect loss of internet access would make crypto cash useless. Gold still had value after the many falls of Europe, the fall of the confederacy and the bank failures of the 20th century. The food and emergency supplies I will keep for my family survival and self survival.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Off-Topic”