DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Nano
Posts in topic: 17

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Nano »

We had a very good meeting this morning. By my count there were 15 there. Sure good to link a face with a screen name. Look forward to the breakfast next month.
NRA Member

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 12

Post by SA-TX »

bblhd672 wrote:
SA-TX wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Anyone interested in finding a range to do some shooting after breakfast? My wife is going to be out of town so my whole day Saturday is open.
Why didn't I think of that? :biggrinjester:

Aside from Alpine (which was discussed earlier) the only one I know of is on 287 between Mansfield and Midlothian. I've never shot there before so it's quality is unknown. It is on my way home, however, so I'm planning to check it out.

SA-TX
I shoot at that range, it has a $10 "membership" requirement for first visit. I've never seen it completely full where waiting was required. After rain it can be very muddy with standing water in places downrange. http://txgunrange.com/
I left without shooting. They are posted 30.06 and 30.07 as you drive in and at their office. WTH?!

:shock:

SA-TX

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

Nano wrote:We had a very good meeting this morning. By my count there were 15 there. Sure good to link a face with a screen name. Look forward to the breakfast next month.
I enjoyed it, as always.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

SA-TX wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
SA-TX wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Anyone interested in finding a range to do some shooting after breakfast? My wife is going to be out of town so my whole day Saturday is open.

Aside from Alpine (which was discussed earlier) the only one I know of is on 287 between Mansfield and Midlothian. I've never shot there before so it's quality is unknown. It is on my way home, however, so I'm planning to check it out.

SA-TX
I shoot at that range, it has a $10 "membership" requirement for first visit. I've never seen it completely full where waiting was required. After rain it can be very muddy with standing water in places downrange. http://txgunrange.com/
I left without shooting. They are posted 30.06 and 30.07 as you drive in and at their office. WTH?!

SA-TX
Wow. Make sure to add them to the Texas3006.com database if they're not already in there. Disappointed to hear that.

Very good to meet everyone this morning. Enjoyed some good conversation and enjoyed putting names (real or alias) with faces.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joe817 »

Well fiddlesticks! I missed it AGAIN! And I soooo wanted to make this one, as I'm in Arlington, albeit far north Arlington. :grumble

Hopefully next time. And it looks like you all had a great time! :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

Had a great time and the turn out was awesome!! :anamatedbanana

Glad to get to meet crazy2medic, SigM4, Nano, rtschl, and The Annoyed Woman!!

As well as see the others there for their second meet up! Great folks, food, and conversations. Looking forward to our next one!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

SigM4 wrote:
SA-TX wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
SA-TX wrote:

SA-TX

SA-TX
Wow. Make sure to add them to the Texas3006.com database if they're not already in there. Disappointed to hear that.

Very good to meet everyone this morning. Enjoyed some good conversation and enjoyed putting names (real or alias) with faces.
Done

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

joe817 wrote:Well fiddlesticks! I missed it AGAIN! And I soooo wanted to make this one, as I'm in Arlington, albeit far north Arlington. :grumble

Hopefully next time. And it looks like you all had a great time! :thumbs2:
Distance is definitely not going to be an excuse for you. I think someone drove from Weatherford, I drove from Plano. It's always a pleasure to meet and hang out with people from this forum. Looking forward to the next meetup.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Nano
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Nano »

Jusme wrote:Had a great time and the turn out was awesome!! :anamatedbanana

As well as see the others there for their second meet up! Great folks, food, and conversations. Looking forward to our next one!
How bout post the photos you made. :anamatedbanana
NRA Member

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

SA-TX wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
SA-TX wrote:

SA-TX

SA-TX
I've never seen the signs nor has any of the staff said anything when I've been OC, such as today.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

bblhd672 wrote:
SA-TX wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
SA-TX wrote:

SA-TX

SA-TX
I've never seen the signs nor has any of the staff said anything when I've been OC, such as today.

http://txgunrange.com/range-rules-and-a ... trictions/
TxGunRange.com Range Rules

NOTE: 30.06 AND 30.07 ENACTED – NO Concealed* or Open Carry beyond the parking lot!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

rtschl
Posts in topic: 10

Post by rtschl »

Jusme wrote:Had a great time and the turn out was awesome!! :anamatedbanana

Had a great time! Really enjoyed meeting several other forum members in person! :woohoo
Ron
NRA Member

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 6

Post by treadlightly »

[quote="Flightmare"

NOTE: 30.06 AND 30.07 ENACTED – NO Concealed* or Open Carry beyond the parking lot!
[/quote]

That's fascinating. Range rules are understandable, which would apply to all, but posting signs that do not apply to anyone except license holders is pretty ditzy.

Sounds like bad judgement and fake safety, neither of which is very reassuring at a gun range.

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

treadlightly wrote:[quote="Flightmare"

That's fascinating. Range rules are understandable, which would apply to all, but posting signs that do not apply to anyone except license holders is pretty ditzy.

Sounds like bad judgement and fake safety, neither of which is very reassuring at a gun range.[/quote]

Exactly. I guess it didn't dissuade many because the place was very busy. As for me I try not to do business with sign posters ESPECIALLY sign posters in the gun business. I feel the same way about gun shows that post binding signs (not to be confused with rules that guns being displayed/being sold be unloaded and zip tied).

SA-TX

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jnazee »

Y'all had a great looking group. I would have come, but today was the last day of VBS, and I didn't want to miss it. Four children came forward! :smile:

Return to “Off-Topic”