DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote:If you guys don't mind having an import from H-town attend I'll try to make it.
Bring it on Puma Guy.

It looks like H-dub will be with me again. See everyone in the morning.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy
Posts in topic: 9

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:If you guys don't mind having an import from H-town attend I'll try to make it.
Bring it on Puma Guy.

It looks like H-dub will be with me again. See everyone in the morning.
I'll see a couple of familiar faces along with the new ones.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Nano
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Nano »

Good turnout today for breakfast, 12. Really enjoyed the good coffee, tacos and great conversations.
NRA Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I was surprised when we got there late how many were there. Great bunch today.

I did notice that a couple of those that showed up were a little younger than I imagined. Either that or I'm older than I imagine.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

Nice seeing some familiar faces, and some new ones. Looking forward to next month.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Enjoyed meeting the DFW bunch. Thanks for the warm welcome. Enjoyed seeing several familiar faces from some of the Elm Fork skeet shoots. Namely C-dub, H-dub and the gentleman who let me shoot his Marlin .444 at the shoot and BBQ meet, whose screen name I forgot as well as meeting many new faces to put with names I recognized on the forum. If any of you come to Houston we'd be glad to have you attend our breakfasts.

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jnazee »

Great looking group.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Sure is!

H-dub was laughing so hard at me because I was squatting down a little closer to her height. I don't know why I also didn't realize my hair was so long in the back. :shock: :coolgleamA:

lfinsr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lfinsr »

This was my first. Nice to meet everyone and put faces with screen names. :tiphat:
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:Sure is!

H-dub was laughing so hard at me because I was squatting down a little closer to her height. I don't know why I also didn't realize my hair was so long in the back. :shock: :coolgleamA:
I wondered what we going on with the bent knees! :lol:
The last photos I took of you your hair style was a crew cut.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I was just messing with my daughter by kneeling.

Regarding the hair: I realized a few years ago that I was no longer doing the thing that I first cut my hair short for and stopped cutting it. I started getting trims after a year or so to wait for the top/front to catch up with the back in length. I don't know where I'm going with it, but I've made it through two summers now without cutting it all off and going back to the flat top with almost nothing on the sides. However, who knows, there's always tomorrow.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Large group today, sorry I missed it. Thought about y’all as I was headed east on I-20 at Terrell around 8 this morning.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:I was just messing with my daughter by kneeling.

Regarding the hair: I realized a few years ago that I was no longer doing the thing that I first cut my hair short for and stopped cutting it. I started getting trims after a year or so to wait for the top/front to catch up with the back in length. I don't know where I'm going with it, but I've made it through two summers now without cutting it all off and going back to the flat top with almost nothing on the sides. However, who knows, there's always tomorrow.
In my younger days I had a pony tail to the middle of my back! :tiphat: I had hair back then. I also had a beard for many, many years. My wife had never seen me w/o a beard until our first daughter was about a year old and that was ten years after we met.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

I can attest we had that particular corner of Rudy’s well protected; ain’t nobody making off with our tacos and coffee.

Great to see everyone and meet a couple I hadn’t had the chance until now. Looking forward to December. As I alluded to this morning I’m about two weeks away from being a full-time Texan again (as opposed to splitting time in MO). One of these days I might just convince the wife to join us for breakfast.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

Thought I’d bump this back to the top since we’re less than a week away. 12/16 is the next meeting of the minds.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “Off-Topic”