DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2457
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby bblhd672 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Starting a new thread for the DFW W/SW Quadrant Breakfast meeting.
When: Saturday June 17, 2017, 8:00 AM.
Where: Rudy's BBQ
451 East I-20
Arlington
https://rudysbbq.com/location/Detail/arlington-tx#

Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rudy's+Country+Store+and+Bar-B-Q/@32.6783282,-97.1044004,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xc64ddbc3f432839e!8m2!3d32.6788159!4d-97.1031344
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3781
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby Jusme » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:30 pm

Great! I like name. I wondered what to call it. Look forward to meeting everyone who can attend.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22672
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Contact:

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby The Annoyed Man » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 pm

I might be able to make that. Kind of depends on what's happening with my leg, so I'll have to play it by ear, but that's not too far for me.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3781
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby Jusme » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:41 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:I might be able to make that. Kind of depends on what's happening with my leg, so I'll have to play it by ear, but that's not too far for me.



TAM, if necessary we can arrange transportation. It will be great to have you join us.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


SigM4
Senior Member
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:14 am
Location: Burleson

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby SigM4 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Won't make this one (finishing our move from MO that weekend) but I'll be down for the next one.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.


JRG
Senior Member
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Mesquite, TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby JRG » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 pm

I never knew Rudy's served breakfast! What is on their menu for breakfast? I see nothing about it on their website.

Joe

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby TexasJohnBoy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:42 pm

We need one of these for North DFW!

Rudy's breakfast is breakfast tacos. And BBQ. :thumbs2:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts: 1591
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby Bitter Clinger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:27 pm

TexasJohnBoy wrote:We need one of these for North DFW!

Rudy's breakfast is breakfast tacos. And BBQ. :thumbs2:


I plan to join as a card carrying representative of North Dallas (by the High 5) :cheers2:
"You may all go to Chicago, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby puma guy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:42 pm

bblhd672 wrote:Starting a new thread for the DFW W/SW Quadrant Breakfast meeting.
When: Saturday June 17, 2017, 8:00 AM.
Where: Rudy's BBQ
451 East I-20
Arlington
https://rudysbbq.com/location/Detail/arlington-tx#

Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rudy's+Country+Store+and+Bar-B-Q/@32.6783282,-97.1044004,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xc64ddbc3f432839e!8m2!3d32.6788159!4d-97.1031344


:thumbs2: :thumbs2: It's a great endeavor. I wish you success and I hope I can attend one myself as a representative of the Houston South Quadrant group when I'm up that way.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby Flightmare » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Bitter Clinger wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:We need one of these for North DFW!

Rudy's breakfast is breakfast tacos. And BBQ. :thumbs2:


I plan to join as a card carrying representative of North Dallas (by the High 5) :cheers2:


Same here. I'm a hop, skip, and a jump from Bush/75.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts: 11564
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby C-dub » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:13 am

Someone mentioned busting some clays in the other thread. Is that something on the itinerary? I am off that weekend and considering coming down. I've also didn't know Rudy's had breakfast and really really like tacos of all kinds with rare exception.

Whether or not there will be any clay busting on the menu is not a deal breaker. I only ask so I'll know what to bring along.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3781
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby Jusme » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:36 am

C-dub wrote:Someone mentioned busting some clays in the other thread. Is that something on the itinerary? I am off that weekend and considering coming down. I've also didn't know Rudy's had breakfast and really really like tacos of all kinds with rare exception.

Whether or not there will be any clay busting on the menu is not a deal breaker. I only ask so I'll know what to bring along.


It's not part of the plan right now, TAM mentioned it, in the original thread topic: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=89155#p1155128

I wouldn't mind including that if someone has a place in mind, close by. But it may be more driving than some will want to do.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts: 11564
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby C-dub » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:42 am

I don't know the area. It's not too far to go for tacos and friends, but it's not my hood, so I'm unfamiliar with options for busting any clays or shooting at all.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3781
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby Jusme » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:44 am

C-dub wrote:I don't know the area. It's not too far to go for tacos and friends, but it's not my hood, so I'm unfamiliar with options for busting any clays or shooting at all.



The closest places I know about are either in Grand Prairie, or Rendon, but neither of those are real close.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


hovercat
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:36 am
Location: Pantego, TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Postby hovercat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:53 am

Jusme wrote:
C-dub wrote:Someone mentioned busting some clays in the other thread. Is that something on the itinerary? I am off that weekend and considering coming down. I've also didn't know Rudy's had breakfast and really really like tacos of all kinds with rare exception.

Whether or not there will be any clay busting on the menu is not a deal breaker. I only ask so I'll know what to bring along.


It's not part of the plan right now, TAM mentioned it, in the original thread topic: https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 5#p1155128

I wouldn't mind including that if someone has a place in mind, close by. But it may be more driving than some will want to do.

Alpine range? Purchase a box of their targets,, you can split a box between twork or three, and no charge to use their throwers. Not a skeet course, just a row of spring throwers, but fun. They also have skeet, more expensive, rifle and pistol $12, might be more on weekend.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JakeTheSnake and 7 guests