DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Excaliber »

I think it's best to keep it on a steady recurring date - 3rd Saturday of the month.

That helps the greatest number of folks to be able to plan for it.

As the months progress, it looks Like C-Dub will be able to make that date in October (the 21st) too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

Excaliber wrote:I think it's best to keep it on a steady recurring date - 3rd Saturday of the month.

That helps the greatest number of folks to be able to plan for it.

As the months progress, it looks Like C-Dub will be able to make that date in October (the 21st) too.
That's cool. I hadn't realized there was a pattern of the 3rd Saturday of the month. I just put it on my calendar.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

Bumping this one back up so others see it; looking forward to breakfast in a couple weeks.

Next meet-up will be 9/16/17.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Is this always 0800 at Rudy's, Arlington?

If so, I expect to start making these on a regular basis.

Long, long ago I remember that the DFW people endlessly debated about where and when to hold these,
so I was pleasantly surprised to catch up on this thread and see that a place and time has been chosen.

Is open carry OK at Rudy's?

I'm psyched to be able to meet some of y'all. The last time I met any board members was my fondly
remembered trips to CHL forum days at Charles Cotton's PSC in Friendswood. The ones I attended were
October 2009 and October 2010, which I believe were the last 2.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Is this always 0800 at Rudy's, Arlington?

Long, long ago I remember that the DFW people endlessly debated about where and when to hold these,
so I was pleasantly surprised to catch up on this thread and see that a place and time has been chosen.

I'm psyched to be able to meet some of y'all. The last time I met any board members was my fondly
remembered trips to CHL forum days at Charles Cotton's PSC in Friendswood. The ones I attended were

SIA
The last 3 have been at the same time, same location. This month should be no different. And yes, Rudy's is good for open carry. Several forum members have open carried there. Would love to have you join us!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Is this always 0800 at Rudy's, Arlington?

SIA
OC is welcome, as well as CC. Looking forward to meeting you as well. It was a smaller crowd at the last one, hopefully we will have as large of a crowd as we did the first two. We had 15-20 people starting out. Bring your significant other as well, we are a fairly mild bunch, and as far as I can tell no one left offended! :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

This is on my calendar for 8:00 on Saturday.

Come one, come all!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Diesel42 »

Well.... looks like I'm going to miss this Saturday.
I'm working in the response center for the Harvey recovery (6 days /10-12 hours a week) and Saturday is now a work day. I'll see if I can trade Saturday for Sunday next month.
Happy Trails!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Regretfully I will be missing Saturday morning breakfast again this month.
See you next month.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Diesel42 wrote:Well.... looks like I'm going to miss this Saturday.
I'm working in the response center for the Harvey recovery (6 days /10-12 hours a week) and Saturday is now a work day. I'll see if I can trade Saturday for Sunday next month.
Happy Trails!
Nick
We'll be thinking of ya!

We'll see you in October.
Excaliber

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

I hate to beg off, but my daughter and son in law, are having an electrical issue at their house, so I will be up in their attic Saturday morning, because I don't want to be in their attic Saturday afternoon. They were taken aback when I said I would be there at 6, because they like to sleep in. I told them they could call an electrician, and pay him whatever he charges for overtime, or they could wake up earlier, and get the work done for free, or at most a cold beer. Guess which option they chose?
Hope y'all have a great turnout, and I look forward to seeing all of those who signed up, at the handgun course on the 23rd.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jnazee »

Can't make it again, will be helping at Church Fri and Sat. Have a blessed time y'all. Maybe one day I'll get to come. lol

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Looks like we've got a lot of can't make its.

Who is still going?
Excaliber

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I'm unable to make the breakfast but I will see you all next week at our range session!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Off-Topic”