Are There Gun Forum's That Should Be Avoided?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are There Gun Forum's That Should Be Avoided?

Post by puma guy »

I am on some brand specific forums, I.E. Remington, Walther, Marlin and Smith & Wesson. I don't recall if the rules forbid vulgar and obscene language, but I have never seen it used on them. I am on rimfire central as well and go to a bench rest site occasionally and saw nothing I'd avoid. I went on an AR forum and the language, insulting comments and lurid graphics immediately let me know I wanted no part of it. There aren't any forums that can really compare to TexasCHL for cleanliness of language, politeness and knowledge, NONE! As for what I absolutely avoid, I'd say any one that has "Brady" in the title. :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Packing.org....oops 11 years too late... :smilelol5:

I like Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association pafoa.org...

subguns.com
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

I follow this one some: https://forums.1911forum.com

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I think the first gun forum I belonged to was TheHighRoad.org. It was mostly OK, although there were some people who were kind of obnoxious. It is owned....or was, at any rate......by pro-gun activist and photographer Oleg Volk. I haven't hung out there in years now, so I don't now if it is still OK.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

You can probably find a separate forum for every brand of gun ever mass produced. Some have multiples. Some forums I have visited only one time and did not like what I saw.
Besides here, the ones I find that are well moderated are the rimfire forum, The firearms forum (TFF), and ruger forum.net. None of them allow personal attacks, bad language, and keep the political stuff either well moderated or (1) non-existent. This forum is always my first stop and some days my only one.
N5PNZ

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

I'll refrain from naming any, there are a bunch and they cover the spectrum of hospitality and decorum. IMO, one of the reasons that this forum is excellent is because of the tone set by Charles Cotton and the rules that we agree to live by while in hi "house".

You'll find many other places where respect, civility and manners simply are words in a dictionary that hasn't been used in a while. You'll be aware right away if the surroundings and natives are friendly.

Jeff B
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I've visited a few of those other forums mentioned here that most have said have attitude issues. I'm not active on any of them. It is usually for some specific information or opinions and when others here have indicated that for what I'm looking for I could find over there. I do have a login for OCDO when I was checking out some things for a particular state that I'd be visiting. I might have 10 posts there.

I'm also a member of a Kansas forum like this one and might have 40-50 posts over there. I frequent that forum for a few weeks before a trip to brush up on any changes in their laws and to see if there's anything going on near where I'll be when visiting. They are a decent bunch, though I haven't met any of them in person.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I think the first gun forum I belonged to was TheHighRoad.org. It was mostly OK, although there were some people who were kind of obnoxious. It is owned....or was, at any rate......by pro-gun activist and photographer Oleg Volk. I haven't hung out there in years now, so I don't now if it is still OK.
I also check out thehighroad.org, but only visit the Black Powder forum. A polite, and civil bunch of folks. Can't speak for the other sub-forums.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

flechero

Post by flechero »

warnmar10 wrote:I follow this one some: https://forums.1911forum.com
Me too... TXCHL and 1911Forum are the only 2 that I frequent regularly.

allisji

Post by allisji »

CoffeeNut wrote:I joined arfcom years ago and abandoned it very quickly. If you aren't building a several thousand dollar clone gun, then you're just a loser or so I'm told. For me it's this forum and occasionally Reddit for information.
I am new to reddit, what subreddits are good for gun talk?
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

The Moderators and other people that run this forum do a great job keeping things in line. I wouldn't go any where else. I tried two other forums and all they do is argue and belittle. Not my kind of places. For the most part, the people here can agree to disagree when things start getting hot. :boxing :read:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

years ago when I was looking for a place to learn, it was hard to find a forum where a woman could be comfortable in a gun forum, much less one who had to say "wait, I don't understand what that means". Y'all have been great teachers to me. And, y'all have defended me the few times someone has decided to pick on me about something.
No other gun group I'd rather be on.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

loktite

Post by loktite »

I also frequent wevo (weaponevolution), they have a LOT of drool-inducing pictures of gear on that site; a lot of great quality photos. Just watch out, your wallet might decide to arm itself if it catches you on said site.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”