Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

Post by steveincowtown »

arrests
Published June 16, 2017 Fox News

NOW PLAYING
Hero homeowner holds fugitives at gunpoint until cops arrive
A Tennessee homeowner held two escaped inmates wanted in the killing of two prison guards at gunpoint Thursday until authorities arrived and made the arrests.
http://www.texaschlforum.com/posting.php?f=83&mode=post

Wonder if this will be the top story on any of the big three networks tonight or will I have to hear what seems like night 100 of "Russian Collusion" as the lead story.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

Post by Jusme »

steveincowtown wrote:
arrests

NOW PLAYING
A Tennessee homeowner held two escaped inmates wanted in the killing of two prison guards at gunpoint Thursday until authorities arrived and made the arrests.

Wonder if this will be the top story on any of the big three networks tonight or will I have to hear what seems like night 100 of "Russian Collusion" as the lead story.

Good for the homeowner. Yeah, it will be buried, since it involved a good guy with a gun.
(your link, just takes you to the reply window for the forum)
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

steveincowtown wrote:
arrests

NOW PLAYING

Whoops: :tiphat:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16/he ... rests.html
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... p-killers/
On Thursday, Dubose and Rowe crashed a stolen vehicle after a high-speed chase with police. They escaped on foot and were trying to steal another car from a home in central Tennessee when the homeowner discovered them.

The homeowner called his neighbor, and he and his neighbor grabbed guns and chased the fugitives down. Dubose and Rowe had no way to fight back because they lost their guns when crashing during the police chase. They surrendered to the homeowners, and police took them into custody.
I've seen other stories and photos that show these guys were captured in a semi rural area. It doesn't surprise me at all that a couple of country boys grabbed their guns chased the fugitives down. It does surprise me a bit that the fugitives surrendered to the country boys. It's a good thing that these BG's didn't get their hands on any more weapons.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Lynyrd wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... p-killers/
On Thursday, Dubose and Rowe crashed a stolen vehicle after a high-speed chase with police. They escaped on foot and were trying to steal another car from a home in central Tennessee when the homeowner discovered them.

The homeowner called his neighbor, and he and his neighbor grabbed guns and chased the fugitives down. Dubose and Rowe had no way to fight back because they lost their guns when crashing during the police chase. They surrendered to the homeowners, and police took them into custody.
I've seen other stories and photos that show these guys were captured in a semi rural area. It doesn't surprise me at all that a couple of country boys grabbed their guns chased the fugitives down. It does surprise me a bit that the fugitives surrendered to the country boys. It's a good thing that these BG's didn't get their hands on any more weapons.

I imagine after a few days on the run, where their picture was in every paper, and TV screen, they were tired, and hungry. They had no money, so they were at the mercy of obtaining what they needed by theft. They had no way to contact anyone who may have assisted them (if such people were even available) They are not the smartest guys either, they would have had a much better chance if they had split up. Staying together, put more eyes on them, and those tats were a dead give away. Additionally, its much harder to "get the jump" on someone who comes to the party prepared, with guns drawn.

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RossA »

Why is it that when redneck bad boys are caught by police they always have their shirts off?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RossA wrote:Why is it that when redneck bad boys are caught by police they always have their shirts off?

They probably weren't able to steal any shirts, and wearing prison shirts was more of a giveaway. Of Course they don't realize that most people on the outside, don't have the massive amounts of prison art on their bodies.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

RossA wrote:Why is it that when redneck bad boys are caught by police they always have their shirts off?
I know you didn't mean any slander towards good old Texas rednecks..... :totap: ;-) but those criminals ain't got nary an ounce of redneck in them. Sir, we rednecks are honorable people who know how to get along by ourselves without any help. We can skin a buck, and run a trotline. Our necks are red because the sun beats on it all day while we are working outside. Some of us are even educated with (GASP) college degrees.
:biggrinjester:

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

LOL! I have been called a redneck more than once myself! But did you ever see the shows like COPS or even the evening news where the police arrive at a scene and the guy they take in always has his shirt off?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Lynyrd wrote:
I know you didn't mean any slander towards good old Texas rednecks..... :totap: ;-) but those criminals ain't got nary an ounce of redneck in them. Sir, we rednecks are honorable people who know how to get along by ourselves without any help. We can skin a buck, and run a trotline. Our necks are red because the sun beats on it all day while we are working outside. Some of us are even educated with (GASP) college degrees.
:biggrinjester:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

RossA wrote:LOL! I have been called a redneck more than once myself! But did you ever see the shows like COPS or even the evening news where the police arrive at a scene and the guy they take in always has his shirt off?
I can't answer that one. I can't even think like a criminal.

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

So the man who caught them trying to steel his truck, did he realize at the time these were the two murdering escaped convicts that were described as extremely dangerous?

Or was that later?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote:So the man who caught them trying to steel his truck, did he realize at the time these were the two murdering escaped convicts that were described as extremely dangerous?

Or was that later?

May not have known it at first, but I believe the tats probably were a pretty good tip off. I'm sure the local news around the area, was probably more saturated with info on these guys than it was here.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

What gets me is the Sherriff thanks everyone for being brave and catching the bad guys, everybody except for the armed citizen that actually caught them.
Gov. Nathan Deal released a statement, “Rest assured, justice will be served. My sincere thanks to our local, state and federal law enforcement officers who assisted in the manhunt. Because of their tireless efforts, the public is safe."
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

THINK ABOUT IT, that is 2 $5,000 bills walking around! ....NEW GUNS FOR HIM!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”