Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Homeowner Hold 2 Prison Escapees at Gunpoint

Post by Pawpaw »

TreyHouston wrote:THINK ABOUT IT, that is 2 $5,000 bills walking around! ....NEW GUNS FOR HIM!
:headscratch
Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to their arrests.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

Not a word about it on NBC tonight. L A M E
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

Pawpaw wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:THINK ABOUT IT, that is 2 $5,000 bills walking around! ....NEW GUNS FOR HIM!
:headscratch
Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to their arrests.
WOW! I bet every bounty huner was looking for 'em! $130,000 will definitely buy a couple of guns!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lynyrd »

Here is an article from Tennessee about the man who held the convicts for LEO to arrive. Not quite the story I was expecting.

http://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-h ... -surrender
Do what you say you're gonna do.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

Lynyrd wrote:Here is an article from Tennessee about the man who held the convicts for LEO to arrive. Not quite the story I was expecting.

http://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-h ... -surrender
He was extremely fortunate. I sure would not want to rely on him to protect one of my loved ones....sounds like Keystone Cops.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

The thing is, that he used something way more powerful than the firepower he had with him. Hard to criticize this guy's actions when his actions worked out so well for him.
He prayed, was armed and his family was safe.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero

Post by flechero »

tomtexan wrote:Sheriff Sills Reneges on Reward to Georgia Homeowners Who Captured Murderous Convicts
What an (can't say it due to the 10 yo daughter rule)!

Next time there is a big reward offered for escaped murderers, I wonder if they would be mad if a caller to 911 with info on there whereabouts, asked for reward specifics before giving any info. :biggrinjester:

I would actually consider suing the sheriff... regardless of whether another officer saw them earlier- he didn't catch the guys. So the call and holding them until they were arrested WAS the INFO and ACTION that led to the re capture. At a bare minimum, I would blister him in the press and online... and campaign against him in the reelection (whenever it is).

Return to “Off-Topic”