Gun sign, disappointing

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Gun sign, disappointing

Post by treadlightly »

As my wife and I were taking in the transition between red dirt East Texas and the sandy plains leading west to the Hill Country, we chanced to stop for fuel and vittles in a little Central Texas town near I45. We were rather surprised by a gun sign we saw.

Right there in the window, just to the left of the door was a prominent sign with the silhouette of a gun and a block of text in letters at least one inch high reading, "Keep calm and carry one."

I wasn't sure what provision or article of state code was being referenced, but I think I interpreted the owner's intent and acquiesced. With a calm demeanor and a cocked and locked Kimber in .45 ACP I went in, bought a few snacks, and had a brief but witty conversation with the young lady at the cash register, just to prove my calm state of mind.

Of course, like a million friends I haven't met yet I have a Texas license endorsing the federal guarantee of my right to keep and bear.

As we drove away it hit me. I had entered the store, calm and secure in the knowledge I was safely in the presence of fellow armed citizens, but the sign was completely unenforceable.

There could have been people who saw the sign, understood exactly what the owner wanted, and still waltzed in without a gun to their names.

It's not a safe world out there. Be careful. You can't always count on your fellow man to have your six even when the signs say so, and what next?

Criminals with guns waltzing past 30.06 and 30.07? Please tell me it couldn't happen!!

Jusme

Re: Gun sign, disappointing

Post by Jusme »

Great Post treadlightly!!

It would be interesting, if they had someone at the entrance to "enforce" their signage, and turned away those who refused to obey!! :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995

Re: Gun sign, disappointing

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Wouldn't someone be guilty of a 30.05 trespass violation if they walked past that sign unarmed? It seems to be just as clear as a gunbuster sticker, which would be a violation according to a previous Texas AG.

Return to “Off-Topic”