Texas Ranger pulls gun on driver who flipped him off

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Ranger pulls gun on driver who flipped him off

Post by ninjabread »

RossA wrote:
MechAg94 wrote: IMO, if you get pulled over by an unmarked vehicle, an out of uniform person gets out with a gun drawn, I am driving away and calling 911 as I do.
Assuming you have time to drive away. If the other guy already has his gun drawn and you start driving, you may be dodging bullets as you do so.
Distance makes a big difference. If you see him exit the vehicle with a gun and you haul donkey, he has to decide if he wants to give chase or shoot at you. If he shoots at you driving away, he was planning to shoot you anyway, so driving away is much safer than being a sitting duck. There's nothing to lose by putting distance between you and the thug unless you really wanted to get into a gunfight that day.

If he doesn't pull out a gun until he's closer, the same logic applies when choosing to flee or freeze. However, if you choose the third option and fight back, shifting into reverse to give him a love tap might disturb his aim long enough to safely drive away and call 911 to report the road rager. Bonus points if you double tap the thug.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Txroadcyclist
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Ranger pulls gun on driver who flipped him off

Post by Txroadcyclist »

Just to clarify, he may be from Baytown but has lived in Georgetown for a number of years. Prior to his becoming a Ranger, he was the trooper in charge of the Georgetown DPS office. His rank, if it is the same in the DPS, was that of Sergeant Major. He lives on my street and has always been friendly, cordial and quiet. I am not condoning or defending him but I was shocked to see him behave in a manner that seems out of character to my experience with him. I have not asked nor will I ask him to comment on the incident as I am a neighbor and not with DPS. Additionally, as a neighbor, I don't feel he is a risk to me or my family.
Again, I am not condoning or defending him and I do not know him well, just a few conversations at the mailbox. I just wanted to clarify that he is not living in Baytown.

Return to “Off-Topic”