(Another) Lemonade Stand for our Constables

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 16

(Another) Lemonade Stand for our Constables

Post by Vol Texan »

Last year, I wrote on here about a little fund raiser my daughter did for the constables here in the area.

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=85457

It's time to do it again. But this time...I'm letting you know in advance, in case any of you out here on the west side of Houston are feeling thirsty next weekend.

Last year's fundraiser was a huge success, and she has been able to do several things for them over the past months.The folks at Precinct 5 have posted about a few of her visits: (one, two, three). They were so nice that they even surprised her on her birthday this year.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now she's ready to do it again...but this time her goal is more ambitious. She was visiting with one of the deputies out in front of our house a few weeks ago, and she saw that he had one of these in his car: Cool Cop Body Armor Air Conditioning System

The deputy told her he had to buy this out of his pocket, but it was really great for helping keep cool in the Texas heat while wearing body armor. Her goal this time is to buy as many of these $60 units as she can to help our local deputies keep cool while they're patrolling our neighborhood.

So if you're thirsty next weekend (29 and 30 July), please feel free to stop by the Kroger's (at the corner of Dairy Ashford and Briar Forest) between noon and 3pm - and spread the word if you don't mind! 12555 Briar Forest Dr, Houston, TX 77077

Thanks much!

Edited to add the date and location in the last paragraph above. Thanks for letting me know, Dan20703!
Last edited by Vol Texan on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

flechero
Posts in topic: 5

Re: (Another) Lemonade Stand for our Constables

Post by flechero »

That's awesome! :tiphat: to your daughter! I'm 3 hours away but if you have a paypal account, I would just make a donation for her cause. Can't do a lot but a straight $10 has to be worth a few glasses of lemonade. Maybe other will also paypal a few bucks and together we can help her buy several.

PM if I can help.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RottenApple »

I'm with flechero. Let us know if you've got a PayPal account. I'd love to donate for this.

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dan20703 »

Vol Texan wrote: So if you're thirsty next weekend, please feel free to stop by the Kroger's between noon and 3pm - and spread the word if you don't mind!

Thanks much!

More info please.
Which Kroger? What Day(s)? Time range?

Wonderful daughter you have there!
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Wondering if Cool Cop would let us do a group buy?
It's a "cool" idea (sorry!)... Thinking about donating a few units to my local PD...

Cool kid OP!! :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Sent an email via their Contact Us page... Will let you know if I get anything back..

Apologies for the hijack.... Please split into separate thread if this is too far off track. Thanks!
I came across your product recently and am considering buying several units for donation to my local PD. I floated the idea by a few (online) friends and there is some interest in making donations to several community PD's across Texas. Just wondering if you offer any volume discounts for bulk purchases. What would be the minimums for discounts and at what prices? Would we order from you directly or work through a dealer? Etc.

Also.... Would your product be appropriate to "share" among several officers sharing the same squad or are there hygienic reasons not to do so? If sharing is not recommended, perhaps the vest end of the unit can be individual while the rest of the unit can be shared?

Your FAQ is blank, so, your insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

RoyGBiv wrote:Sent an email via their Contact Us page... Will let you know if I get anything back..

Apologies for the hijack.... Please split into separate thread if this is too far off track. Thanks!
I came across your product recently and am considering buying several units for donation to my local PD. I floated the idea by a few (online) friends and there is some interest in making donations to several community PD's across Texas. Just wondering if you offer any volume discounts for bulk purchases. What would be the minimums for discounts and at what prices? Would we order from you directly or work through a dealer? Etc.

Also.... Would your product be appropriate to "share" among several officers sharing the same squad or are there hygienic reasons not to do so? If sharing is not recommended, perhaps the vest end of the unit can be individual while the rest of the unit can be shared?

Your FAQ is blank, so, your insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
No, this isn't a hijack at all...it's a great adder, thank you!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

flechero wrote:That's awesome! :tiphat: to your daughter! I'm 3 hours away but if you have a paypal account, I would just make a donation for her cause. Can't do a lot but a straight $10 has to be worth a few glasses of lemonade. Maybe other will also paypal a few bucks and together we can help her buy several.

PM if I can help.
RottenApple wrote:I'm with flechero. Let us know if you've got a PayPal account. I'd love to donate for this.
Thanks much for to both of you for the offer! To be honest, I don't know how this PayPal thing works, and I've never had one. But I did just set one up this morning in response to what y'all wrote above.

:tiphat:

I'm not really sure, but I THINK that all you need is my email address to send to PayPal. So, I signed up for my new PayPal account using the same email I use for working the Texas3006.com site:

voltexan3006 (at) gmail.com

I wish I could send y'all some lemonade for the trouble, but I don't think it would keep well in an envelope.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

I hope the local city government doesn't give your daughter any problems like this girl had.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/11/politics/ ... index.html
Do what you say you're gonna do.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JRG »

Great idea! and good on your daughter. Hope it goes well!!
Joe

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Lynyrd wrote:I hope the local city government doesn't give your daughter any problems like this girl had.

Thanks for the info. I guess she's not going to sell lemonade. She'll give it away for free, with a suggested donation for each cup :biggrinjester:

I wonder if that would be a good work-around?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Vol Texan wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:I hope the local city government doesn't give your daughter any problems like this girl had.

Thanks for the info. I guess she's not going to sell lemonade. She'll give it away for free, with a suggested donation for each cup :biggrinjester:

I imagine, that if any local LEO tries to shut her down, they will face the wrath of the County Constables. Who may not give a fellow officer a "heads up" if he is going to be served a civil service, restraining order, divorce papers etc. You don't want those guys on your bad side.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Jusme wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

I imagine, that if any local LEO tries to shut her down, they will face the wrath of the County Constables. Who may not give a fellow officer a "heads up" if he is going to be served a civil service, restraining order, divorce papers etc. You don't want those guys on your bad side.
You're spot-on here, Jusme. If this photo from last year's stand is any indication, I think she'll have plenty of on-site security:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Vol Texan wrote:
Jusme wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

You're spot-on here, Jusme. If this photo from last year's stand is any indication, I think she'll have plenty of on-site security:

That should work if she just sets up a "tips" jar and a sign telling what she is raising money for, she would not actually be "selling" lemonade.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”