(Another) Lemonade Stand for our Constables

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 16

Re: (Another) Lemonade Stand for our Constables

Post by Vol Texan »

flechero wrote:Well, how did she do????? I'm dying to hear and see some pics!
Day one: $1010

Day two is in progress now - come on down if you're thirsty!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Vol Texan wrote:
Day one: $1010 (includes the two donations from here!)

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

flechero
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flechero »

Holy cow, she's doing great!!!!

mm3815
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mm3815 »

Sent PayPal. You have raised a good daughter.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

mm3815 wrote:Sent PayPal. You have raised a good daughter.
Received! Thank you.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Vol Texan wrote:
Day one: $1010

Sorry i'm late. Was helping my neighbor this afternoon. Sent a few bucks. Hope it helps VolTexan.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Thanks much, and yes, I did receive.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I think I owe an update to all the good folks on here...

Day two of the lemonade stand was not as fruitful as day one, but it was a good one. Final result was over $1400 for both days. That should be enough to buy a bunch of the CoolCop devices for the deputies (even more if we get the discount pricing that RoyGBiv has researched for us).

But the story just got interesting: yesterday, my wife sent a note to the owners of CoolCop to ask if they would share the story of the fundraiser (since it would help promote their product as well). Their response was, "We'd be happy to share, and do more. We'll get back to you later."

Well, it's later, and here's what we saw on their page today: Hey Houston! The sweet and generous Bella will be selling lemonade today at Briar Forest Drive & Dairy Ashford Road. She's raising money to buy CoolCops for Harris County Precinct 5. Hey Bella, for every CoolCop you purchase, we'll donate one.

So, they've effectively doubled the donation with that one statement. If things go well, we'll be able to get dozens of the units for our local deputies - probably one for each car that 'offices' at the local substation on Dairy Ashford - and then some!

I'll let y'all know more as the story progresses. Thanks to all of you who have helped out on here!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

VT... I Sent you the contact and info/offer I received from them... Check your email. Your buy-one, get-one Facebook offer was much better than their offer to me via email, but, maybe they'll be extra-generous and let you combine both!!

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance. Seems like you have things well under control.

Congrats again to your daughter (and the rest of the family too, of course).. Well done! :txflag: :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Take Down Sicko

Hurray!!! I'm very happy to hear the good news VolT. Your daughter and you and you're wifes parenting skill are fantastic. Great job.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Great news: the CoolCop units arrived last night!

Thanks to the many donations sent from the good folks on this forum - that helped us reach a higher goal than we ever expected. Total amount raised: over $1800!! :tiphat:

When all the donations arrived, we ended up with enough to purchase 26 units @ ~$70 each. The CoolCop company matched our order one-for-one, that doubled our shipment to a total of 52 units! Here is the final breakdown:
  • 6 units for Frisco PD (or other local dept chosen by RoyGBiv on this forum). He donated enough to get all six of these - and asked to get these to his local officers.
  • 1 unit to Houston PD - one of our lemonade customers donated enough for a full unit, and asked if we could give one to an HPD officer.
  • 45 units for our Harris County Precinct 5 Constable's department. We have 28 deputies working out of the substation next to our neighborhood, so they each get one. The remainder will be sent over to the main office, and can be distributed as they want.
We plan to deliver these to the officers this week, likely on Thursday because she has a full after-school schedule until then.

Take Down Sicko

That is really great to hear Vol T. I know the Leo's at those locations will be please to receive the units. Congrats to your daughter for her hard work and also to you and your wife for your awesome parenting skills.

Return to “Off-Topic”