California Secession? Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
strogg
Posts in topic: 1

California Secession? Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Post by strogg »

It looks like at least one person has the same view as I do. http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/201 ... tive-utah/

My only concern with a CA secession is that they control the ports of Long Beach and Oakland. The other states would need to open up more container ship ports to make up for it. If it wasn't for that, let them be their own sovereign state. Oh, and we'll take the central and northern part of California as the state of Jefferson. I know they want to get away from the left coast as bad as the libs in California want to secede from the US.

What are y'alls thoughts on this?

Noggin

Re: California Secession? Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Post by Noggin »

Of course the Dems would panic if Calexit actually happened because once it happens they will never again win the popular vote in any White House race (let alone the electoral college). All the other libtards in this country need CA in the Union because without it their cause is lost
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Dems would not win WH for a long time w/o CA's lib electorate. Good riddance.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

As long as we give Cali residents the choice of US or Cali resident status. There are a few conservatives there. And what good would it do us to let them go, and they all come _______ here after they ruin Cali and end up Northern Mexico again? If they stay there and take Cali Resident status, they forfeit US resident status. Keep Northern Cali and Maybe Baja and open western ports that don't have to go around South America or through the Canal. And pull our bases. No need in providing US military support.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I am 100% in favor of California's right to secede and form a separate and independent nation. In fact, I will help anyone who wants to move to this new liberal Utopia by helping them to pack, and will even drive as many of them as I can to the border. My only ask is a pledge that they never return.

Unfortunately, I can't make the same offer for those looking to flee from CA to the U.S., since I am unwilling to cross the border, but I will help them unpack once they get here, and will even take them to a shooting range for some R&R after their arduous journey.

To be honest though, I'm surprised there are many liberals left in California after they all moved to Canada like they promised.

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mloamiller »

My biggest concern would be how much it would increase the length of the border wall we would have to build to keep out illegal immigrants. You know, those folks trying to escape a failing economy and corrupt government, into the promise that is the U. S. of A.
:patriot:
It would still be worth it, however.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

mloamiller wrote:My biggest concern would be how much it would increase the length of the border wall we would have to build to keep out illegal immigrants. You know, those folks trying to escape a failing economy and corrupt government, into the promise that is the U. S. of A.
:patriot:
It would still be worth it, however.
I could imagine the president's speech, "We're going to extend the border wall, and The People's Republik of California is going to pay for it!"

Where can I find a petition to help them get out?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

So much for "One nation under God, indivisible..."
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

I would so dearly love to see this happen for a number of reasons. Had Hillary won in November, Texas and many other sane states would be seriously contemplating secession, and nobody really knows how it would all work in this day and age. I'd like to see California go first so we can learn what does and doesn't work, and see how the federal government handles it.
Last edited by Scott Farkus on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Topbuilder wrote:So much for "One nation under God, indivisible..."
Or "liberty" or "justice for all". That ship sailed a long time ago.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

One of China's worries about North Korea falling and being absorbed with North Korea is that then China would have a US-allied country which bases US troops, on its border.

Now imagine California secedes. It'd effectively be the reverse. How long before they start hosting large numbers of Chinese "military advisors?" Do we really want to give up our two-ocean advantage?

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I say let California leave so long as they promise to never come back. According to local news in California, they have unfunded liabilities between $250 Billion and $780 Billion with no hope of making up the shortfall.

If the People's Republic of California fails, then the remaining 49 United States of America will not have to bail them out. Of course the People's Republic of California can keep their Hollywood Entertainment Think Tanks that believe they are world's social justice warriors.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

rotor

Post by rotor »

I just renewed my passport. I would love to have to use it to visit my two liberal bros in Commiefornia.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

One of more than 100 underlying questions is: Would California as it exists today become the separate country? There is major geography in CA that is no happier with the Blue coast dominance than the rest of us are. There have been several proposals to break CA apart into separate States. While I'm sure that Sacramento might like to force all of the Conservative population to go to another country, that might not go as smoothly as some of the misguided Calexit people now think.

Other questions on that list:
- What happens to the US Military Bases?
- Will AZ and UT still be willing to send electrical power and water at anywhere near the current rates?
- Will the illegals get to vote on the exit proposal? CA is being pursued now for having voter registrations which exceed the populations in a number of areas. It would be ironic if Mexican Nationals voted in the CA election and swung the outcome.
- What would happen to all of the CA based regulations that the Federal government adapted because of CA.
- What would happen to all of the Federal land in CA? This is less of a problem if the geography shrinks to allow the rural non/blue areas to remain in the US.

If ever there was a ready, fire, aim proposal, this is it. But I'm all for it. How about tomorrow?
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Off-Topic”