California Secession? Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: California Secession? Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote:One of more than 100 underlying questions is: Would California as it exists today become the separate country? There is major geography in CA that is no happier with the Blue coast dominance than the rest of us are. There have been several proposals to break CA apart into separate States. While I'm sure that Sacramento might like to force all of the Conservative population to go to another country, that might not go as smoothly as some of the misguided Calexit people now think.

Other questions on that list:
- What happens to the US Military Bases? They give Sacramento the finger, secure their perimeters, and go on about their business.
- Will AZ and UT still be willing to send electrical power and water at anywhere near the current rates? Hopefully, they'll reroute it someplace in the remaining United States.
- Will the illegals get to vote on the exit proposal? CA is being pursued now for having voter registrations which exceed the populations in a number of areas. It would be ironic if Mexican Nationals voted in the CA election and swung the outcome. We can only pray. I love a happy ending.
- What would happen to all of the CA based regulations that the Federal government adapted because of CA. Without California's congressional delegation, it would be fairly easy to repeal them.
- What would happen to all of the Federal land in CA? This is less of a problem if the geography shrinks to allow the rural non/blue areas to remain in the US. They should be required to buy it from the fedgov't at prevailing (read that "California") real estate value per acre. If California refuses, then the fedgov't should publish a target list of strategic infrastructural assets in California, and US military aviation assets still based in California should be tasked with destroying 1 target on the list every day, until California capitulates. Top of the list should be: 1. The California Aqueduct; 2. The Hetchy Hetchy Resevoir dam which supplies water to San Francisco; and 3. The Sacramento Municipal Utility Districts power generation facilities.

If ever there was a ready, fire, aim proposal, this is it. But I'm all for it. How about tomorrow?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rdcrags
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rdcrags »

Kidding aside, it's a dirty rotten shame what's happened to Calif, with such a variety of beautiful areas to look at and visit. I mean the coastline and the mountains. The state has bred and attracted so many misled people. It's astonishing the measures they vote for. I feel for the normal citizens. Let's don't let it happen here.
TX CHL 1997

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

It's getting just as bad on the East coast. I recently read an article about a number of towns/cities in Maryland voting to allow illegal immigrants (called "noncitizens" in the article) to vote in local elections.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/07/ma ... -vote.html
Supporters of the measure say that local elections focus on issues like trash collection, and other municipal services and they are issues that affect residents of the city, regardless of their citizenship status.

“These are folks who have a significant stake in our community, and who rely on the facilities in our city,” College Park City Councilwoman Christine Nagle, who is sponsoring the measure, said to the newspaper. “To me, it just made sense.”
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I have the solution:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bitter Clinger wrote:I have the solution:

Let the Norks know. :lol: ;-)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/worl ... rgets.html
On Wednesday, North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, singled out the American territory of Guam as a potential target.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Refugee problems in our future.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

It'll never happen.

Yes, we can dream, but that's as far as it goes concerning Ca. seceding...

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Unlike the Progressives who howled and misquoted and ridiculed Rick Perry when he said that Obama's election upset many people in Texas and some even spoke of secession, which turned into "Rick Perry said Texas should secede...", I feel that if that's what the Californian's want, we should assist them in every way possible.

I do not think that what we knew as the United States is really an entity any more and will not exist far into the future as the divide between philosophies of life grows and becomes more polarized.

The left in particular has embraced the use of Government and its para military organizations to force their ways onto all the rest of us, particularly those who don't kow tow to the dogma of the Progressives and their "beliefs".

I wish the Progressive locales well and a bon voyage. The sooner we can begin restoring proper Constitutional rule and personal responsibility in the "blue" States, the better.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

when they go, can we just stop with their warning labels:

"...this product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. "
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

loktite

Post by loktite »

The State of California - is a cancer in its current "state" :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”