Suppressor Meltdown!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Suppressor Meltdown!

Post by loktite »

I'm sure a few of you have already seen this.

NRA Endowment Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Suppressor Meltdown!

Post by Liberty »

Don't try this at home.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

My first thought was that this had to be a manufacturer. I can't imagine someone waiting a year for a suppressor then doing destructive testing.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Anyone know what the that suppressor is made of?

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

anyone else find this exercise moronic in it's predictability? and a waste of the price of a can for somebody?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:anyone else find this exercise moronic in it's predictability? and a waste of the price of a can for somebody?
Lighten up Francis. :biggrinjester:

I thought it was pretty cool. Real guys enjoy moronic exercises. It is what makes us guys. Automatic firearms, suppressors, and lotsa ammo. All it needs is bacon.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

The barrel is junk now too...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

anygunanywhere wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:anyone else find this exercise moronic in it's predictability? and a waste of the price of a can for somebody?

I thought it was pretty cool. Real guys enjoy moronic exercises. It is what makes us guys. Automatic firearms, suppressors, and lotsa ammo. All it needs is bacon.

Channeling you inner Stripes I see. :biggrinjester:
Yeah, anyone that can afford to burn through 700 rounds of ammo, sacrifice a suppressor, a barrel, and maybe other components, doesn't care how moronic it is, as long as they get it on film, for Youtube.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

Jusme wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

Channeling you inner Stripes I see. :biggrinjester:
Yeah, anyone that can afford to burn through 700 rounds of ammo, sacrifice a suppressor, a barrel, and maybe other components, doesn't care how moronic it is, as long as they get it on film, for Youtube.
Posted using my best Warren Oates impersonation.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

As my chemistry teacher explained, the world is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons and morons!

The real question is other than destroying the gear, what did they really accomplish?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

anygunanywhere wrote:

Mmmmmm bacon. It's like meat candy.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

OneGun wrote:
As my chemistry teacher explained, the world is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons and morons!

The real question is other than destroying the gear, what did they really accomplish?
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/pe ... -works.asp
In 2013, the average cost per thousand (CPM) for YouTube was $7.60. CPM (cost per thousand) is an industry term that represents revenue per thousand views. In 2013, the average income for each YouTube content creator was $7.60 per every thousand views. A video with 500 views would have earned roughly $3.80. A video like Gangnam Style with a billion views would earn $7.8 million. Some videos earn a higher or lower than average rate depending on the video content.
The video above has almost 1 million views. If they have monetized their youtube channel, and the rate in the article above is still accurate (it's a few years old, so it has likely changed), then he probably made enough from the video to pay for the damaged equipment and then some.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Flightmare wrote:
OneGun wrote:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/pe ... -works.asp
In 2013, the average cost per thousand (CPM) for YouTube was $7.60. CPM (cost per thousand) is an industry term that represents revenue per thousand views. In 2013, the average income for each YouTube content creator was $7.60 per every thousand views. A video with 500 views would have earned roughly $3.80. A video like Gangnam Style with a billion views would earn $7.8 million. Some videos earn a higher or lower than average rate depending on the video content.
The video above has almost 1 million views. If they have monetized their youtube channel, and the rate in the article above is still accurate (it's a few years old, so it has likely changed), then he probably made enough from the video to pay for the damaged equipment and then some.
youtube rates are much lower and each view does not mean an ad is counted, so I'm doubting they did. Maybe made $500 total.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

This seems dangerous to the shooter, stuff melting blocking the exiting bullet and gasses, the barrel softening while red hot. Seems to be there is a real danger of an obstructed barrel blowing out.

At a minimum, it was a terrible way to treat a gun.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

anygunanywhere,

A little thread interrupt: You mentioned Warren Oates, one of my favorite actors. Sadly no longer with us.

Ever see the movie "Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia"?

He was great in that.

Great movie overall.

Return to “Off-Topic”