Getting older sucks

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Getting older sucks

Post by Oldgringo »

I don't know what age you are Andy but even with all the aches, pains, maladies, losses and set backs that I have endured over the past three score and 15 years, I'd rather be old than dead. YMMV?

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bmwrdr »

:iagree:
In all aspects of aging, it just doesn't feel right.
:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

After my cataract surgery I went to Wal-Mart and found a pair of large frame readers that brought the tip of my finger in focus. Now I just wear them like a regular pair of glasses. No head tipping anymore.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

There are also adjustable glasses. You adjust each lens individually, so you could set them up the way AndyC did or however else you want them.

I didn't know these were available until my grandson bought a pair to make do. My 1-year old granddaughter got ahold of his glasses and damaged them. They're fixed now, but he's hanging on to the adjustable ones just in case.

They look pretty goofy but if they work...
Last edited by Pawpaw on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Found a video of Andy with contacts ;-)

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Andy, while I was at church on Sunday, I happened to see my regular optometrist, and asked him if this would be a feasible solution for me. He said, "sure! Just call my office next week and I'll get you in. You don't need to set an appointment as I won't charge you for it." He told me to bring a pistol and a long gun so we can measure focal lengths to get it more precisely set up. I just now got a text message from him:
TAM, can you come in tomorrow morning at 10 with your guns?
I didn't even have to call him. Now THAT's service!!!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”