Virgin Islands seizes guns and ammo

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Virgin Islands seizes guns and ammo

Post by rotor »

Tucker Carlson interviewed him tonight (9/5) and he said that this was not the case where they would take guns and ammo from citizens. He said that it would be unconstitutional to do that. He also said that this proclamation let NG buy guns or ammo without having to go through a requisition implying that they could go into a gun store and just buy ammo or guns as needed. Somehow the proclamation just didn't fit the supposed explanation given by they governor. I don't know what to believe.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CoffeeNut »

I can't see the Virgin Islands NG rounding up guns and ammo from people. They have about 1,000 currently in service and over 100,000 residents on the island. The manpower needed to roundup guns and prepare the island for a Category 5 storm just isn't there and even if they attempted it any meaningful resistance to it would present a huge challenge in how to handle it (not to mention major backlash).

Regardless of what the Governor signs those carrying out the orders have a duty to ensure they're lawful. They swore an oath to the Constitution and I can't see them breaking that just to get a few extra guns.

In any case can't the President federalize the VI Guard and prevent them from going about doing this? After Katrina it was made pretty clear that taking guns from people in a disaster will not be tolerated.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

The Governor of the VI should have wrote "Acquire" not "Seize" words have meaning and seize has consequences they may not want to have to deal with!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

rotor wrote:Tucker Carlson interviewed him tonight (9/5) and he said that this was not the case where they would take guns and ammo from citizens. He said that it would be unconstitutional to do that. He also said that this proclamation let NG buy guns or ammo without having to go through a requisition implying that they could go into a gun store and just buy ammo or guns as needed. Somehow the proclamation just didn't fit the supposed explanation given by they governor. I don't know what to believe.
The real intended effect of the wording in the proclamation was very clear from the start.

Now it sounds like the blowback is having an effect.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “Off-Topic”