Houston Folks: Opportunity to Work Your Tails Off This Weekend Helping Harvey Victims

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Houston Folks: Opportunity to Work Your Tails Off This Weekend Helping Harvey Victims

Post by Vol Texan »

Houston area forum members:

As you may already know, I live in the west side, in the area impacted by the Buffalo Bayou / reservoir flooding.

In my neighborhood of 933 homes, we have about 400 that were cut off due to street flooding, and about 40 - 50 that had flooding in the home.

Well, some of the flooded homes are no longer under water, and our neighborhood is planning a full-on assault to help our flood victims with initial cleanup.

I spent the day down in the Cinco Ranch area today, helping a friend do the same at his home. He got two feet of water in his home, and we had a ton of work removing sheetrock and debris from his home. As I drove through his neighborhood, overwhelmed by the devastation I saw. I can only assume my own neighbors here will have the same challenges.

So, if any of you are interested in a day of hard work, in a difficult environment, helping your fellow Houstonians recover from a tough situation, please send me a PM. Our neighborhood is just south of the bayou, adjacent to Dairy Ashford. We're doing this on Saturday, 9 September.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Houston Folks: Opportunity to Work Your Tails Off This Weekend Helping Harvey Victims

Post by Vol Texan »

Bump
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston Folks: Opportunity to Work Your Tails Off This Weekend Helping Harvey Victims

Post by The Annoyed Man »

If I was there, I'd be happy to help. But I'm trying to sell my house this weekend, and have just way too much to do.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Nuts
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Nuts »

People are helping out all over. Last week end I helped a friend gut his house out. Then the house next door and the one across the street. Right after we started the second house a young lady walked up, looked into our ice chest, went back to her car and then filled it up with sports drinks water and ice. She never asked if we needed anything she just did it. About 2 hrs later two other young lady's showed up and dropped pizza off.

It does the heart good seeing so much support I've seen lately. I just wish it will last.

I hope you find your help and urge anyone that can to get out and help even if it's little things like water or pizza

I'm helping out in mymotherinlaws area this weekend

Return to “Off-Topic”