DFW Skeet - Sat 9/9

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DFW Skeet - Sat 9/9

Post by Pawpaw »

I'll be there.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:Last call.... 9 am Saturday, Elm Fork near Las Colinas.

Totally casual, come have some laughs :anamatedbanana
Wish I could make this meet. Are you still shooting your .410? I saw that you mentioned a 20ga. O/U, SXS Semi, pump? Have fun guys and gals.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ready. Getting ready to shut down for the night. See ya'll bright and semi early.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jminn1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jminn1 »

Sorry I couldn't come today. Had a small family emergency. Kids. Gotta love 'em. Otherwise I think we'd strangle them.
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Apparently, my shotgun likes to be left alone for a while. That last time I had her out was for a 5-stand match 3-4 months ago. I think I shot 36-38 that day and that's the best I've done in 5-stand so far.

Today, my first round was a 22. The second round I shot with my daughter's 20 gauge and I think that was an 18. The third round back with my 12ga I hit 24 blowing right past 23. Then the fourth round was only 20.

I tried that burst mode on my old iPhone 5 and caught my daughter breaking one in half. I had to crop the image closer to be able to see it here because of the lower resolution on my older phone.

Here's one of Andy busting the low house before swinging back to get the high house bird that can also be seen in this image. I would have also gotten him breaking that one, but I did not keep up and it was out of the frame when he broke it.

These are the only two shots I took where I was able to catch them busting one. The burst feature is nice and I think I can tell from a couple with my daughter that she's a bit behind the bird on her tracking. The "shot" can't be seen in these images, but in a couple of others it can and seems clear that she missed because her point of aim was not with sufficient lead to hit the bird. She did hit 6 on the round she shot and I believe Andy's instruction helped her understand a little more of what's going on to be able to hit those. She hasn't shot in several months, probably since I last reported around here somewhere, and started off having cross dominance issues today. In the past she has tried shooting skeet left handed because she believed she could see the birds coming out of the high house sooner that way. I had either forgotten or never realized she is right eye dominant and that was causing her problems shooting left handed. Andy realized it right away and asked her to try shooting right handed and she seemed to be more on target than shooting lefty today.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:
puma guy wrote:Wish I could make this meet. Are you still shooting your .410? I saw that you mentioned a 20ga. O/U, SXS Semi, pump? Have fun guys and gals.
Wish you could, too. Haven't shot the 410 since last dove season 2 years ago but I'm bringing it along; the 20-ga is a Rem 1100 my BIL sold me. Shot it once so far.

Right, I'll be heading out shortly - see you all there.
Oh, yes I remember your post about the 1100. I seem to recall it was a standard sized receiver model. Am I remembering correctly? Maybe not; I've been in the sun all day working at our deer lease.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”