KEL TEC PMR 30

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

KEL TEC PMR 30

Post by WTR »

My friend bought an interesting pistol for home defense. The KEL TEC PMR 30 is full sized, is light as a feather and holds 30 rounds of .22 Mag. The pistol is accurate and has very little recoil.

The Annoyed Man

Re: KEL TEC PMR 30

Post by The Annoyed Man »

They are interesting......if you can find one.......if you can find .22 mag......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:They are interesting......if you can find one.......if you can find .22 mag......
Fun Guns in Whacko has one and it is under $400 to boot. Cheapest I seen for one in a while. I would like to have one to play with but can't justify me getting one.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Palmetto State had them on sale for $359.00 (or so) over Labor Day. Waiting on mine to ship. Seems like it should be a "fun" gun. Already picked up a couple of extra mags, need some ammo next, I don't have anything else in .22 Mag.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The Annoyed Man wrote:They are interesting......if you can find one.......if you can find .22 mag......
Gunbroker has over a dozen of them for sale.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WTR wrote:
Gunbroker has over a dozen of them for sale.
NOW they do. But for the longest time, PMR-30s were really hard to find.....which is a common complaint levied against Keltec. I took me forever to find a Sub-2000 that takes Glock mags. When they first came out with the RFB, they were unobtainium for a long time. That's still somewhat the case with their RDB.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Just fired mine for the first time yesterday. It's a little flame thrower but it shoots well and actually has a good trigger. Overall I am pleased with it. Academy has had 22mag in stock the last three times I've been there.

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

That model had an issue at one time with the feed ramp being malformed. One gun exploded. That's why I got a .22 Mag revolver instead.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I have shot two of these pistols. The first one I got worked very well and had nearly flawless reliability. My Dad has that one and I got another used one I found. It kept having failure to feed. I took a gamble and bought the replacement barrel with flash suppressor. Since using the new barrel, the gun has been perfectly reliable.

Beyond that, it is a fun pistol to shoot and 22 mag ammo is easy to find these days. You can buy it in bulk for as low as $11 a box online.

Return to “Off-Topic”