Finally, I am a new truck owner

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Finally, I am a new truck owner

Post by BBYC »

Congratulations but you don't own it until it's paid off.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Bitter Clinger wrote:And its California compliant. Only 6 cylinders. :mrgreen:
JRG wrote::smilelol5: :smilelol5: Too bad it's not a Ram!! :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
I have a Ram with 6 cylinders. It's 5.9 liters, but still only six cylinders. :biggrinjester:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Congratulations and best of luck with the new ride!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

BBYC wrote:Congratulations but you don't own it until it's paid off.
Yep, you are right.
First loan was
2001 Acura CL-Type-S, NEW $32,000 Honda Finance was paid off in 16, instead of 36 payments
1999 Toyota Sienna, 2nd-owner. Cash.
2004 Acura MDX Touring Model, 2nd-owner. Cash.
2005 Acura RL SH-AWS, 2nd-owner. Cash.
2008 MB CLK-550, 2nd-owner. Cash.
2008 MB EE-550, 2nd-owner. Cash.

And, 2018 Honda Ridgeling (essentially is a Pilot with an open back section), NEW, $40,000 Bank of America at 2.34%
Since, I hate loans of any kind, I expect to the get the loan paid of in 48 moths or less.

Advise, never ever believe a Car Dealer Finance Manager. :boxing
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

Though I am a Ford F-350 owner mainly because I am always pulling a cattle trailer or a gooseneck hauling something, I have a question. I looked at the three pictures and in the third picture, I noticed what appears to be a nice thought/feature from Honda. Do they furnish each Ridgeline with a bicycle to use when all the electronics shoot craps and you are left afoot? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: Jus wondering.....
On a serious note, that is a pretty vehicle all kidding aside.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Congrats Beiruty!

My last new vehicle is now almost 12 years old with 265k miles. still going strong. I got a great deal on the last of the 2005 on the lot in the first week of 2006, approx 50% sticker price. I too hate finance managers at car dealers, for some reason, the term "that's all I'll pay" doesn't sink in but, when they want to get rid of one, and you are there with an offer on the table, ten minutes before closing time, they get a much better attitude. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

Nice and awd for 40k isn't bad, my base xlt f150 4x4 with no extras except the 4x4 and a 3.5 ecoboost listed for 42500. Mine has almost no driver aids, cloth interior, barely a step up from a work truck.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Jusme wrote:Congrats Beiruty!

My last new vehicle is now almost 12 years old with 265k miles. still going strong. I got a great deal on the last of the 2005 on the lot in the first week of 2006, approx 50% sticker price. I too hate finance managers at car dealers, for some reason, the term "that's all I'll pay" doesn't sink in but, when they want to get rid of one, and you are there with an offer on the table, ten minutes before closing time, they get a much better attitude. :biggrinjester:
I got held hostage for many hours, Car dealer loves you to wait and stare at the ceiling. Almost before 9PM, The finance manager wanted to tack on a 0.5% on a pre-approved loan from BoA. I almost signed on that contract if I did not catch it. That is fraud and deceptive behavior. He lied many times when he was trying to sell me extended warranty. The price of the EW was jacked up by 4X from cost. Each time, I say I do not want to, I get why? Why? Let me ask..... I was so tired that after the FM backed off and re-did the paper at 2.34% APR, he Kept pushing for Honda Care for a new Vehicle, stating it is best to buy it NOW, it would cost more if you buy it later. All that was bull. To make the theater more interesting, he asked to go back to his GM and ask for reduction of the cost of EW to $2000 with 1 extra year and it is still 3X their cost. Once I read in the contract that I have 60 days to cancel the HC contract with $0 penalty. I signed the papers, came next morning and met a nice friendly FM who re-did the paperwork with no EW.
Beiruty,

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

Slight hijack: speaking of finance managers, the one I dealt with at the dealership where I bought my last car nearly caused my wife and I to walk away from the deal. We picked out a great, low-mileage certified pre-owned car at a terrific price so we jumped on it. This includes a generous CPO warranty mind you. The finance manager tried to tack on multitudes of options that we all declined including an extended warranty that was practically worthless with the CPO warranty. I flat out told him I didn't want anything else other than the car and he acted like I was robbing him at gunpoint.

That left a really sour taste in my mouth but I wanted the car so we finished the deal. I went back over to the sales department and talked to the sales manager and explained how his finance manager nearly cost him and his salesman a sale. As we were leaving, I observed the sales manager making a beeline for the finance manager's office. He looked more than a little perturbed.

I've purchased several cars (too many) from dealerships and I have only had a smooth dealing with ONE finance manager. I understand their job is to upsell but going to their office is always a painful experience.

Hopefully I'm done buying cars for a long while now.
Psalm 91:2

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

krieghoff wrote:Though I am a Ford F-350 owner mainly because I am always pulling a cattle trailer or a gooseneck hauling something, I have a question. I looked at the three pictures and in the third picture, I noticed what appears to be a nice thought/feature from Honda. Do they furnish each Ridgeline with a bicycle to use when all the electronics shoot craps and you are left afoot? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: Jus wondering.....
On a serious note, that is a pretty vehicle all kidding aside.
Don't know about new Hondas, but it is a feature on some used Fords..... "rlol"

[img]
MainParkingLotMay2011.jpg
[/img]
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Really nice vehicle. It should be a nice ride!

Not a truck...

;-)

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

When I go into the finance office, I tell him if he wants a good survey score for the dealership, he won't try to sell me any extras.
Charlie

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

TxRVer wrote:When I go into the finance office, I tell him if he wants a good survey score for the dealership, he won't try to sell me any extras.
Bingo!
Beiruty,

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphertext »

krieghoff wrote:Do they furnish each Ridgeline with a bicycle to use when all the electronics shoot craps and you are left afoot? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: Jus wondering.....
This made me chuckle because my son came home from college last weekend and he has his bicycle in the bed of his truck... he uses the bike to get back and forth between his truck and his dorm on days that he can't find parking on campus! :biggrinjester:

Return to “Off-Topic”