Take a Knee Updated

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Take a Knee Updated

Post by anygunanywhere »

I appreciate everyone's comments and respect your opinion.

My main objection to all of this is the huge hypocrisy shown by the left progs when it comes to these so-called displays of free speech. The progs are the FIRST to demean any speech that "offends" them. When they practice what they preach I will then consider softening my stance. Until then, I will hold fast on my stance.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

They are employees of the club. No 1'st A protection unless you are federal worker.

So to get all upset at Trump for saying "fire them" is overboard. They can and frankly should be fired. Unless the ownership is treasonous that is...

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

A JPMorgan analyst is suggesting buying options on CBS before this weekend. He apparently is expecting a big ratings fall from the football protests. So apparently this is a way to make money on the whole thing.

Sunday November 12, 2017 is boycott NFL football day in honor of it being Veterans Day weekend. I've been boycotting the NFL since the last year over this. Goodell should have fined Colin day one. To me before this is over Goodell is finished, but many of the owners have showed their hands. They are just rich (fill in your favorite word).

My wife has the Today Show on as we wake up in the morning. I'm half asleep, but I clearly heard this. The hosts are out side in the plaza with lots of tourists looking on. The crowd that is there cheers and applauds like an audience does inside. The Today Show fills some of the time with cooking demonstrations. So the hosts were talking about what is coming up. One of the upcoming segments was going to be about great football snacks for this weekend. When they said "football" I could clearly hear the crowd change from cheers to a significant booing. It was definite booing, and they just said the word "football".

God bless America. BTW excellent essay at the beginning :patriot: .

montgomery
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Take a Knee

Post by montgomery »

RPBrown wrote:Amen. With your permission, I would like to share this.
This is the original essay signed by original author:

TAKE A KNEE

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat... Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have 'the right to take a knee.'

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your 'protest' is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave It goes like this...
"GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

by Stanislaus Drew

And here is another post by same author on same topic:

We stand!
© by Stanislaus Drew.

Thinking back on it, he knows he was spared. Divine intervention....nothing else explains it... It all happened so freakin' fast. One second he was riding along observing the barren countryside, the next there's smoke and fuel and shrapnel...then the silence...nothing but a ringing and an indescribable, surreal presence...completely disoriented...until he saw Dee. He looked pretty bad. He scrambled towards him and prayed for the first time in years... "Lord, please...Not Dee!"

There's no way to really prepare for the explosion. The concussion sucks the breath out of you and suddenly you're choking on sand...He dreams about that still but not as often. He's thankful it seems to be slowly going away. He believes he may be sweating it out at night. He's trying to take less medication but he still needs it in order to sleep. It's a raging battle in and of itself.

It's morning again. He looks over into the next bed and sees again what's left of Sargeant Delgado's face. The bandages are clean this morning... a good sign. He's had so many surgeries...Too many in fact...but Delgado, gives him the usual morning thumbs up. He still can't talk but he's getting there...Good man, Dee...determined, courageous as always.

He's thankful he threw his hand up to protect his own face. He quickly dismisses that thought out of mostly guilt. "Dee" was driving the Humvee and got most of the initial blast. That was the intent of the i.e.d. They bury them high enough in the sand so that they do maximum damage to the face and hands, demons that they are.

The ghost pain still travels through the entire length of his arm, even though he can see the prosthesis. He wonders if he'll ever figure out how to tie his shoes or bait a hook...but the thought disappears when he sees his son run into the room...jumping on the bed and hugging his dad like there's no tomorrow. No one knows how to shelter him. He's seen and heard so much since his dad first came home. He hopes he doesn't grow up too fast. Man, he loves this kid! Some days, he's all he's got to think about.

His wife is close behind, saying hello to all the nurses and checking his chart to make sure everything is on the up and up...She asks them how he slept and listens intently to the response. She's good like that. What a gift from God she is!

His mom is coming in from the chapel as she has every day since he's been here. She goes to Delgado's bed first and holds his good hand. Everyone knows she's praying. The room is still. They all take a moment.

It's game day. His Steelers are playing the Jaguars. He's seen the schedule and he knows... but as he has for the past few weeks, Dee's dad walks across the room and turns off the T. V. No one complains. The memorial for Lieutenant Parker is still fresh in their minds. They can't just let the protests ride... Not anymore...

They all bow their heads together as "Papa Dee" says his daily prayer and thanks Almighty God for each of their lives. He prays for the doctors and nurses. They hear his prayer. He remembers the "L.T." and prays for comfort for the family. How could he take his own life? He was the best of them...always laughing and cheering them on... His injuries weren't that bad... It was the ones you couldn't see that took him. At the end of the prayer, there's a nod of agreement and an audible "Amen"...

It is what they've come to understand. They were spared by the good graces of God Almighty. They'll tell their story soon enough, God willing...It's a tough road back but they're gonna make it because they have to! They've seen what happens to moms and wives and children when they lose their protector.

From now on, they'll stand for that flag everytime it's displayed. They'll stand because they know what honor is. They'll stand because they've seen the enemy. They'll stand because they served...Theyll stand in memory of Lieutenant Andrew Parker. They'll stand because they must!...They'll stand because a lot of lives depend on them. It's what they do!

Because they stand, America stands. unwavering and united against whatever enemy chooses to come against her. Surely God still blesses America. It is by His hand we exist. It is because of these courageous, young lions in her service that Americans can still say
"UNITED WE..........STAND!

Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

by Stanislaus Drew

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Eugenia McDowell’s son, a 6-year-old student at Wiregrass Elementary School in Pasco County, took a knee during his classroom’s Pledge of Allegiance on Monday
“What he did was have a difference of opinion. He was not being disrespectful. He was silently protesting and exercising his constitutional right," McDowell told ABC.
At 6 years old. Ok, got it. :roll:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/28/te ... ights.html

thatguyoverthere

Somewhat surprisingly (to me), only slightly over half of the population see kneeling before the flag during the National Anthem as inappropriate behavior, according to this poll.
Fifty-five percent of voters in the latest Fox News poll see kneeling during the national anthem as an inappropriate form of protest.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/27/[abbreviated profanity deleted] ... nthem.html

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I think the Cowboys response was wishy-washy and sell-out, but they did stand at attention for the Anthem. I'm not going to gin up outrage within myself over it.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:I think the Cowboys response was wishy-washy and sell-out, but they did stand at attention for the Anthem. I'm not going to gin up outrage within myself over it.
I expected no less from Jerry Jones - he could not pass up the camera time.

What I did not expect, given the fact that the team is community owned, is the Green Bay Packers taking this fiasco to the next level by engaging (enraging?) the fans:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09/28 ... ghts-game/

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

montgomery wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:I think the Cowboys response was wishy-washy and sell-out, but they did stand at attention for the Anthem. I'm not going to gin up outrage within myself over it.
I expected no less from Jerry Jones - he could not pass up the camera time.

What I did not expect, given the fact that the team is community owned, is the Green Bay Packers taking this fiasco to the next level by engaging (enraging?) the fans:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09/28 ... ghts-game/
So in this day and age of looking for and ginning up racism under every rock, the tentacles of social justice warriorhood are digging in deep. A company (NFL teams) choose to do battle with the fans and tell them in veiled ways that they are being racist, the company will never win.

The battles that people and organizations are choosing to fight and double-down on these days are bewildering.

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 6

Post by pbwalker »

anygunanywhere wrote:I appreciate everyone's comments and respect your opinion.

My main objection to all of this is the huge hypocrisy shown by the left progs when it comes to these so-called displays of free speech. The progs are the FIRST to demean any speech that "offends" them. When they practice what they preach I will then consider softening my stance. Until then, I will hold fast on my stance.
Exactly! Just look at Tebow when he took a knee (different reason, but still had the outrage from the left)

Hypocrisy abounds on the left
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

On a positive note:
BREAKING NEWS:
Police departments nationwide to replace sirens with National Anthem, so suspects will stop and take a knee
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

oohrah wrote:I am a Viet Nam combat vet, and when the hippies were burning the flag, I supported that 1A right, and I continue to support those same 1A rights today. Vote, vote with your wallet, vote with your participation. But you can't restrict others 1A rights without endangering your own.
:clapping: Well said.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://cernovich.com/colin-kaepernick-d ... op-killer/

Colin Kaepernick pledges 1 million dollars to a foundation that supports and honors aconvicted cop killer who was busted out of prison by the Black Liberation Army and escaped to Cuba where she lives today.

thatguyoverthere

Meanwhile, right here in the heart of Texas, at a couple of HIGH SCHOOL games Friday night in the Austin area:
Before kickoff of the Austin High-Crockett contest at House Park, a group of about a half a dozen Maroons football players kneeled on the sideline during the playing of the national anthem.
At Nelson Field, at least six of McCallum’s cheerleaders took a knee during the playing of the national anthem in advance of the District 25-5A showdown between McCallum and LBJ. No players from either team kneeled.
A large number of the comments seem to support the kids' kneeling during the National Anthem.

http://preps.blog.statesman.com/2017/09 ... ng-anthem/

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dale blanker »

oohrah wrote:I am a Viet Nam combat vet, and when the hippies were burning the flag, I supported that 1A right, and I continue to support those same 1A rights today. Vote, vote with your wallet, vote with your participation. But you can't restrict others 1A rights without endangering your own.
Yeah, those hippies were denouncing an administration that got us into and kept us in a war that didn't make sense. I think John Kerry, obviously a patriot, was among those protesters. What a great system we have!

But frankly, I don't see the NFL players kneeling as any big deal. A sitting or turned-back or fist up would be something else, but kneeling - showing the highest form of respect - really?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Return to “Off-Topic”