In Light of Vegas...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 3

In Light of Vegas...

Post by bobby »

Ok I was trained uh 36 years ago on first aid for gunshot wounds... so.... Im a Little bit out of date... yeah just a bit...

I am looking for training in first aid and kits for cars and wife's wheelchair... so who does this and can we look at having the class at PSC or anywhere?

:txflag:

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: In Light of Vegas...

Post by uthornsfan »

Look for a TCCC course, Tactical combat casualty care.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

bobby wrote:Ok I was trained uh 36 years ago on first aid for gunshot wounds... so.... Im a Little bit out of date... yeah just a bit...

I am looking for training in first aid and kits for cars and wife's wheelchair... so who does this and can we look at having the class at PSC or anywhere?

I have trained with Caleb Causey and recommend his courses.
http://lonestarmedics.com/

Caleb will be presenting his “Tac Med EDC”: 1-Day Course on 9 DEC 17 at KR Training.
http://lonestarmedics.com/tac-med-edc/
https://krtraining.com/

I have heard good things about Dark Angel Medical, but have no personal experience.
http://darkangelmedical.com/training/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

howdy

Post by howdy »

As a Paramedic, I don't think most people need these courses. Go on You Tube and watch multiple video's on placing a tourniquet or covering a sucking chest wound. Take a CPR course. Know where the trauma centers are and what type of trauma your local hospitals are capable of handling. Most hospitals do not have surgeons on staff and most can not handle chest pain. (heart attack) Carry a sharp, small knife to make bandages or a tourniquet out of clothing. Carry a tourniquet in your range bag. Don't be afraid to speak up when you see some under trained person doing stupid things with a gun. And by all means, avoid doing stupid things with stupid people at stupid places at stupid times.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

howdy wrote:As a Paramedic, I don't think most people need these courses. Go on You Tube and watch multiple video's on placing a tourniquet or covering a sucking chest wound. Take a CPR course. Know where the trauma centers are and what type of trauma your local hospitals are capable of handling. Most hospitals do not have surgeons on staff and most can not handle chest pain. (heart attack) Carry a sharp, small knife to make bandages or a tourniquet out of clothing. Carry a tourniquet in your range bag. Don't be afraid to speak up when you see some under trained person doing stupid things with a gun. And by all means, avoid doing stupid things with stupid people at stupid places at stupid times.
Best advise TODAY!
Last edited by GeekwithaGun on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Yep I do try.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I took ECA, EMT and EMT-I classes over the last 11-12 years, great body of knowledge and definitely would recommend folks take at least CPR class or maybe ECA...but most important thing aside from what howdy mentioned above is to carry a trauma kit with you. Plenty of makes and models out there and I'm not going to sell you on one or the other but I'd highly recommend that.

All the training will not help you if you don't have trauma basics on hand. Well..a belt or shirt might do but there's more to it.

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Ok next step. A list of kits maker.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

bobby wrote:Ok next step. A list of kits maker.
I'm not affiliated with this company in any way other than being a customer
https://www.rescue-essentials.com/
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Off-Topic”