What knife do you carry?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Re: What knife do you carry?

Post by parabelum »

I really like BM. My collection started with Contego and just kind of morphed from there. For weekends or outdoorsy stuff I like Adamas. That’s a tank of a knife. Most days I find myself with either infidel and Rift, or Infidel and Volli. Occasionally I throw in Contego as well.
So, Glock, few mags, and two to three blades :smilelol5:

Oh, occasionally I edc that plastic knife as well. Mostly if I’m in tactical mode.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

C-dub wrote:
SNIP

I have another small 2-2.5" folder, Kershaw Shuffle. I carry this one most often and when I have my Glock. When I carry the Recon, I usually put it in my right front pocket and that gets in the way of my holster, so I don't carry the recon when I have the Glock with me. When I don't have the Glock I have two knives on me.
I have a Shuffle II that I carry when working. With the small size, I find it handy for a lot of little tasks.

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/kn ... e-ii-olive

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Cold Steel Frenzy.

Every time I opened it up, I laugh.

It's the biggest folder (I think) on the market with a 5.5" blade. It's very scary looking, heck it scares me.

But man, ya gotta break it in as the locking mechanism is a bear.

Plus, anytime you open be veeeeeeeeeery careful, they are razor sharp.

One time I was just a 'little' and I do mean a 'little' careless with it, the cut took two painful, embarrassing weeks to heal properly.

Alf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Alf »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
C-dub wrote:
SNIP

I have another small 2-2.5" folder, Kershaw Shuffle. I carry this one most often and when I have my Glock. When I carry the Recon, I usually put it in my right front pocket and that gets in the way of my holster, so I don't carry the recon when I have the Glock with me. When I don't have the Glock I have two knives on me.
I have a Shuffle II that I carry when working. With the small size, I find it handy for a lot of little tasks.

The best part is you can use it to open a beer when you're done with work.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Alf wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:
C-dub wrote:
SNIP

The best part is you can use it to open a beer when you're done with work.
Yeah, you can! That's what I use it for.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

parabelum wrote:I really like BM. My collection started with Contego and just kind of morphed from there. For weekends or outdoorsy stuff I like Adamas. That’s a tank of a knife. Most days I find myself with either infidel and Rift, or Infidel and Volli. Occasionally I throw in Contego as well.
So, Glock, few mags, and two to three blades :smilelol5:

Oh, occasionally I edc that plastic knife as well. Mostly if I’m in tactical mode.

My brother from another mother! That looks like my son’s collection. About a week ago on eBay, I bought a used but like-new Benchmade 570 Presidio II - first production, #514 of 1000.

http://www.benchmade.com/presidio-ii-family.html
Designer: Benchmade
Blade Steel: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC)
Blade Length: 3.72" (9.45cm)
Blade Thickness: 0.124" (3.149mm)
Open Length: 8.72" (22.15cm)
Closed Length: 5.00" (12.70cm)
Handle Thickness: 0.63" (16.00mm)

Manual-opening
Mechanism: AXIS®
Weight: 6.10oz. (173.20g)

Automatic-opening
Mechanism: Auto AXIS® lock with integrated safety
Weight: 6.32oz. (179.20g)
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

RPBrown wrote:I carry a Buck Folding hunter that I have carried for 20+ years. My favorite knife.
Been carrying one for over 40 years. now on my second one. Still have the first one. :cool:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Pariah3j wrote:This is my EDC - Esee 3 mil, using the clip instead of the sheath:

This is very similar to my EDC, mine has a tanto point and paracord wrapped grip, the back of the blade is thick enough you could shove it through bone without breaking the blade!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

ScottDLS wrote:A mil-spec butter knife... :shock:
You ever hear about the butter knife brigade? In a compromised society that is unarmed by the Govt, in the time of revolution you send your people out with butter knives and those that return with a gun are your real fighters!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I carry a Benchmade 943 most of the time. If BM is out of your price range, Kershaw makes great knives which can be had for very reasonable prices.

Since there seem to be a lot of Benchmade fans here, have y'all seen the new Crooked River Mini that's supposed to come out soon? I really like the regular Crooked River, but it's just a little too big for my tastes, with all the other stuff I carry in my pockets. The mini sounds like it would be perfect, though. Thoughts?
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

A more interesting question is how do you train to defend yourself with the edge weapon you EDC?

dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

Strider SMF
It's been years since I've actively been into collecting knives. Eventually I ended up pocketing the Strider for EDC.
It just feels solid.
Strider side-side.jpg

BBYC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BBYC »

montgomery wrote:A more interesting question is how do you train to defend yourself with the edge weapon you EDC?
Also a different question. A lot like your favorite pair of shoes is different question from how to use your shoes and feet for self defense.

I'm carrying a Kershaw Leek now. Also, I'm wearing Aldo sneakers. :mrgreen:
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

crazy2medic,

That knife in your photo is too beautiful to use on anything sturdier than a good steak.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LucasMcCain wrote:I carry a Benchmade 943 most of the time. If BM is out of your price range, Kershaw makes great knives which can be had for very reasonable prices.

Since there seem to be a lot of Benchmade fans here, have y'all seen the new Crooked River Mini that's supposed to come out soon? I really like the regular Crooked River, but it's just a little too big for my tastes, with all the other stuff I carry in my pockets. The mini sounds like it would be perfect, though. Thoughts?
Haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll check it out. My son has a 943....I think.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”