Firearm email spam

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
Tex1961
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Firearm email spam

Postby Tex1961 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

So I wonder who I signed up with sold my email.

Fortunately I have a very robust spam filter so none are hitting my in box. But still, the only reason I can think of that would all of a sudden cause firearm related spam emails hitting me is that I signed up somewhere and they are selling email addresses.


Did someone come through the forum here and pull member info..
I think the State LTC registry is private
Alien Gear Holsters

I think that is it.. I can't remember anyother firearm related sites that I have signed up for...
NORM CROSBY
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.


rotor
Senior Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby rotor » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Texasguntalk was hacked. Were you a member?
You can go to
https://haveibeenpwned.com/
and enter your email to see if you have been one of those ever hacked. Does not cover the recent experian hack.

User avatar

parabelum
Senior Member
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby parabelum » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Hey, I’ve been pwned! Yay...
III%


wheelgun1958
Senior Member
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Rural Ellis Co. TX

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby wheelgun1958 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm

parabelum wrote:Hey, I’ve been pwned! Yay...


I suppose entering your email there will result in more exposure?

User avatar

parabelum
Senior Member
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby parabelum » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 pm

wheelgun1958 wrote:
parabelum wrote:Hey, I’ve been pwned! Yay...


I suppose entering your email there will result in more exposure?



No. This site is gtg.
III%

User avatar

stever1950
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby stever1950 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 am

Tex1961 wrote:So I wonder who I signed up with sold my email.

Fortunately I have a very robust spam filter so none are hitting my in box. But still, the only reason I can think of that would all of a sudden cause firearm related spam emails hitting me is that I signed up somewhere and they are selling email addresses.


Did someone come through the forum here and pull member info..
I think the State LTC registry is private
Alien Gear Holsters

I think that is it.. I can't remember anyother firearm related sites that I have signed up for...


Have you entered any of the drawings at GAT Daily? Since the first time I entered one of their contests I have been getting spam up the wazoo. I entered one with a different address and sure enough that address started getting spam too.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams


Mike S
Senior Member
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby Mike S » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:58 am

stever1950 wrote:
Tex1961 wrote:So I wonder who I signed up with sold my email.

Fortunately I have a very robust spam filter so none are hitting my in box. But still, the only reason I can think of that would all of a sudden cause firearm related spam emails hitting me is that I signed up somewhere and they are selling email addresses.


Did someone come through the forum here and pull member info..
I think the State LTC registry is private
Alien Gear Holsters

I think that is it.. I can't remember anyother firearm related sites that I have signed up for...


Have you entered any of the drawings at GAT Daily? Since the first time I entered one of their contests I have been getting spam up the wazoo. I entered one with a different address and sure enough that address started getting spam too.


:iagree:
Had to 'unsubscribe' a couple times as well before it slowed down to the normal amount of junk mail.
Mike S.

User avatar

bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby bmwrdr » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 pm

parabelum wrote:
wheelgun1958 wrote:
parabelum wrote:Hey, I’ve been pwned! Yay...


I suppose entering your email there will result in more exposure?



No. This site is gtg.


:iagree: Keep your footprint on the internet low is best advise. All sites have non disclosure agreements with plenty loop holes and nobody reads it.
I never unsubscribe from spam either because it would just be a confirmation for a valid e-mail address. Spam is spam and for me it stays unopened in the spam folder which I clean out at least once a week.
Just my $.02.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

User avatar

JakeTheSnake
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:05 am
Location: SA

Re: Firearm email spam

Postby JakeTheSnake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 am

Use MailWasher, spam never gets downloaded. You can tag them and it will automatically mark them for deletion.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests