Is the right to bear arms outdated?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
AndyC

Is the right to bear arms outdated?

Postby AndyC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Remember Kitty Genovese

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

ScottDLS

Re: Is the right to bear arms outdated?

Postby ScottDLS » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Is the right to freedom of the press outdated? :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy

Postby TexasJohnBoy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm

No.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

parabelum

Postby parabelum » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm

My God given Right shall never be outdated.
III%

CZp10
Banned

Postby CZp10 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely? There are two things America is known for that almost no other country in the world has, the second amendment and capitalism. If you don't like those two things, which many on the left don't, there are many, many countries that they can move to. There is nowhere else for people who like those two things to go.

anygunanywhere

Postby anygunanywhere » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 pm

CZp10 wrote:Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely? There are two things America is known for that almost no other country in the world has, the second amendment and capitalism. If you don't like those two things, which many on the left don't, there are many, many countries that they can move to. There is nowhere else for people who like those two things to go.

What those 24% want and what they get are two entirely different things.
1911s should be carried openly as God and John Moses Browning (PBUH) intended them to be.
III%

Captain Matt

Postby Captain Matt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 pm

CZp10 wrote:Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely?

What's the difference? It says "shall not be infringed" which is unambiguous. Anybody willing to accept restrictions is already pretending it doesn't exist.
"hic sunt dracones"

Flightmare

Postby Flightmare » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
CZp10 wrote:Yikes, so far 24% say they literally want the second amendment removed from the constitution. I can understand people wanting to review the restrictions put on it or not put on it, but removing it completely? There are two things America is known for that almost no other country in the world has, the second amendment and capitalism. If you don't like those two things, which many on the left don't, there are many, many countries that they can move to. There is nowhere else for people who like those two things to go.

What those 24% want and what they get are two entirely different things.

Indeed, there was around half the voters in the country who wanted Hillary to be elected. I'm thankful that there are enough people to prevent that from happening.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Bear in mind that this is the web site of a small paper in California. I don't think the 24% is representative of the U.S. population as a whole (for purposes of discussion, I'm ignoring the whole "is Kalifornia really part of the U.S. in the first place, question).
Ding dong, the witch is dead

deertrax

Postby deertrax » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:07 pm

No.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Certified RSO & Instructor (Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun), NRA Member, TSRA Member

CZp10
Banned

Postby CZp10 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm

23% ban handguns from non LEO, 55% want stricter gun sale laws, 37% want stricter US gun policy
http://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx
My personal opinion is we, as pro 2A people, should be doing more to try to explain our view constructively to those who don’t “like” guns.

tool4daman

Postby tool4daman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm

I bet those 24% would also like to abolish capitalism.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

anygunanywhere

Postby anygunanywhere » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:17 pm

CZp10 wrote:23% ban handguns from non LEO, 55% want stricter gun sale laws, 37% want stricter US gun policy
http://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx
My personal opinion is we, as pro 2A people, should be doing more to try to explain our view constructively to those who don’t “like” guns.

I'm retired. I've got better things to do than try to convince someone who doesn't like me or my guns to like me or my guns. I don't care what they like or don't like. Trying to constructively convince those individuals is like explaining quantum theory to that white stuff on chicken poo.
1911s should be carried openly as God and John Moses Browning (PBUH) intended them to be.
III%

jason812

Postby jason812 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
I'm retired. I've got better things to do than try to convince someone who doesn't like me or my guns to like me or my guns. I don't care what they like or don't like. Trying to constructively convince those individuals is like explaining quantum theory to that white stuff on chicken poo.

:iagree: You're not going to change their mind anyway.

And the white dot on chicken poo, it's chicken poo too.

anygunanywhere

Postby anygunanywhere » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm

jason812 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

:iagree: You're not going to change their mind anyway.

And the white dot on chicken poo, it's chicken poo too.

:mrgreen:
III%

Return to “Off-Topic”