Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Post by wheelgun1958 »

spectre wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:I don't think the police are a protected class from a public accommodation standpoint. A business should be allowed to refuse service to police if that's what they want to do. But what if a black, female, gay, handicapped Jewish police officer with a speech impediment tried to buy a cheeseburger?
Something doesn't sound Kosher.
That would be the cheeseburger.

nightmare69

Re: Police in Denison said a restaurant employee refused to serve two Denison officers early Saturday morning.

Post by nightmare69 »

I would rather them refuse to serve me vs getting snot as an extra topping on my burger.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Whataburger isn't Starbucks nor are they the NFL.

They know and understand their customers and want to be a good neighbor. 1 stupid action by one stupid employee doesn't reflect on the whole corporation.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The employee was fired.
A Whataburger employee is out of a job after Denison Police say she refused to serve two of their officers, and even cursed at them.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/whataburge ... e-officers
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

dlh

Post by dlh »

Glad the surly employee was fired! Hard to find good help these days.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

If the manager actually responded as reported then that person should be fired as well.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

Said her boyfriend was beat up by the cops when he got arrested.. They looked at the video and it proved she was lying....

rotor

Post by rotor »

There are several posts on this forum about Whataburger's stance on firearms and I wouldn't say they are gun friendly. They allow concealed carry but not open carry. I personally prefer a chain that follows state law like WalMart. Anyhow, we are DQ people. Haven't seen many negative DQ posts.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I'm glad they fired the employee. I'm in the mood for a double cheese burger with grilled onions.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

jmorris wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote: I don't see this as a Whataburger problem, it's an idiot employee / manager problem. I'm sure we'll be hearing from Whataburger that their status has changed.
"
It's been my observation that the employees who work graveyard shift are not those likely to make "employee of the month", including the managers...
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

"I don't see this as a Whataburger problem, it's an idiot employee / manager problem."

Precisely!

This type employee crops up here and there in many different businesses.

Perhaps, it should become standard interview practice before hiring to ask any potential employee candidate to ask about their stance regarding serving law enforcement. If they answer that they'll serve any and all and then don't, they're subject to be dismissed on the spot.

Easy. Or so it seems to me...
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I'm glad they fired the employee. I'm in the mood for a double cheese burger with grilled onions.
Try their Green Chili Double-Cheeseburger on a whole-wheat bun! Delicious!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

dlh,

Can I get that with a standard white bun as whole wheat doesn't appeal to me...?

Thanks!

Oh, and for my opinion regarding their stance on guns.

Whataburger isn't 30.06 posted: Good enough for me.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Abraham wrote:dlh,

Can I get that with a standard white bun as whole wheat doesn't appeal to me...?

Thanks!

Oh, and for my opinion regarding their stance on guns.

Whataburger isn't 30.06 posted: Good enough for me.
I think you can get it on a regular white bun---not sure. I would certainly ask em for one!

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Glad to see that Whataburger did the right thing and fired the employee but they also should have fired the manager or at least relegated him/her to flipping burgers.
CHL since 01/26/09

Return to “Off-Topic”