Clearing Overgrown Land

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Clearing Overgrown Land

Post by 1911 10MM »

jmorris wrote:
C-dub wrote:.....
Why would you recommend painting rings around the trees when the section you quoted clearly says the markings must be vertical?
Evidently it's a common misunderstanding. First time I ever saw this after moving to Texas (1996) it was a purple ring around a tree so I guess I just always just blew right past the "vertical" when reading 30.05.
As long as the circle around the tree is at least 8’ in the vertical it should be legal as minimum width is one inch.

Ike Aramba

Post by Ike Aramba »

If they're tearing down fences and gates, I don't think they'll respect signs or purple paint.
"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

1911 10MM wrote:
jmorris wrote:
C-dub wrote:.....
Why would you recommend painting rings around the trees when the section you quoted clearly says the markings must be vertical?
Evidently it's a common misunderstanding. First time I ever saw this after moving to Texas (1996) it was a purple ring around a tree so I guess I just always just blew right past the "vertical" when reading 30.05.
As long as the circle around the tree is at least 8’ in the vertical it should be legal as minimum width is one inch.
Pretty sure it wasn't *that* tall. It wasn't 8" either. More like 3" or 4".
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

zmcgooga wrote:After some research apparently it's legal in Texas to use a "device" to protect your property. :txflag:

Tex. Pen. Code §§ 9.43 &9.44
As long as the device used is not known to cause serious bodily harm or death.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pbwalker »

I'm thinking that if you left a spike strip in a deer corn bag, strategically placed, you could have a solid defense to prosecution with a "Oh man, that's where my raccoon strip went. It must have fallen off the truck when we left. Those 'coons can tear a feeder up, I'll tell ya. Now, about these trespassers..."

But, of course, it's your decision. :tiphat:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Return to “Off-Topic”