Mission Behind Enemy Lines

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ninjabread
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Mission Behind Enemy Lines

Post by ninjabread »

Thanks for all the replies. I'm now leaning toward going but haven't officially decided yet. I'll answer a few of the questions if that helps.

No hazardous duty pay. :lol: The company does gross up pay for state taxes on travel days to make it tax neutral or better. They also pay full M&EI per diem for the work location, which is tax free Federally. Finally, they reimburse lodging and transportation. So the trip should be a win financially but not a cash cow.

I would probably take a single stack pistol and maybe a rifle. I'm not sure if an AR is asking for trouble, even with 10 round mags.

I will be E/NE of LA but not in East LA. I understand the area is more Asian than Hispanic.

I'm concerned about the residency question. My paycheck will still show my Texas address, so I would be able to avoid the residency trap in any reasonable State, but California has demonstrated that they're not reasonable. I have to rent in my name and submit the expense for reimbursement, which may be a red flag. On the other hand, the company will deduct CA state income tax from my grossed up my pay, so the CA tax man is getting his pound of flesh.

I'm thinking of driving there and claiming the mileage expense. Work is fine with that and I feel more comfortable driving my car than a rental. I also enjoy road trips and can use some PTO and take my time. It's also easier to get a gun or two and some ammo across the border under the radar. Will Texas license plates make me a target for fishing expeditions or do the boys in blue behave more professionally than the suits? A rental car would also be evidence against CA residency. Hm.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Mission Behind Enemy Lin

Post by bmwrdr »

ninjabread wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
bmwrdr wrote: ...
Have you ever heard of West U or Southside Place? :lol:
Not yet.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “Off-Topic”