This will make you grin

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

This will make you grin

Post by Pawpaw »

Extracted from an NRA article: The Armed Citizen® | Snakes
Because they keep pests in check, the best way to deal with snakes is usually to leave them alone. But when it comes to dangerous snakes—particularly when they’re also large in size, large in number or both—it can pay to have on hand a means of dispatching them at the sort of distance that will prevent them from dispatching you.

A 72-year-old woman was in her yard when she discovered some copperhead snakes under her Lequire, Okla.,home. Knowing that copperheads are highly venomous, the woman grabbed a shovel and rake and began slaying the snakes, but soon discovered there were more snakes than she had anticipated. She then retrieved her shotgun for backup and managed to scare out and dispatch all 11 snakes hiding in the crawlspace. When a friend reported the story on social media, the woman’s neighbors offered their praise, with one commenting, “I love Mrs. Newby. Does she need more shells?” (KOCO News 5, Oklahoma City, Okla., 7/30/17)
There are more snake stories available at the link.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Re: This will make you grin

Post by Jago668 »

When I was tiny, my mother was picking up pecans and had me sitting on the ground. A copperhead came crawling up, and she didn't have anything handy and was scared she wouldn't be able to get me away faster than it could strike. So she stomped it to death. There is a reason the worst place to be is between a mama and her baby.

Not an armed story, but is a snake story.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Off-Topic”