Rube Goldberg naming contest

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rube Goldberg naming contest

Post by Pawpaw »

Thug repellent
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

I can't properly handle double stack pistols, or long length of pull triggers on revolvers ... I'm "digitally challenged"

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

der Teufel wrote:This isn't original, I saw it somewhere a few years ago …

Thoraxic Perforator
I’d spell it “thoracic”, but yeah.....that’s what my answer has been for years. If asked, it’s a “medical device”. If asked what kind of medical device, it’s a “thoracic perforator”. If asked anything more than that, my answer is “you’re gettin’ kind of personal now, aren’t you?”

In the right company, it’s “my 2nd Amendment”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
der Teufel wrote:This isn't original, I saw it somewhere a few years ago …

Thoraxic Perforator
I’d spell it “thoracic”, but yeah.....that’s what my answer has been for years. If asked, it’s a “medical device”. If asked what kind of medical device, it’s a “thoracic perforator”. If asked anything more than that, my answer is “you’re gettin’ kind of personal now, aren’t you?”

In the right company, it’s “my 2nd Amendment”.
I've used "medical device" a couple of times. It always shuts them up for me.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

Lynyrd wrote:I've used "medical device" a couple of times. It always shuts them up for me.
A medical device that lets fluids out and air in.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Apparently, some folks here have been asked about their "bulge".

I don't feel compelled to answer personal questions from complete strangers.

If however, they were to persist, I'd be tempted to ask them things like what's that knot on your head...?

What size shoes do you wear, cuz man, you got some big feet.

I can dream up a lot of bogus answers to inappropriate/personal questions from people who don't deserve an answer...

Think about it.

Suppose, a person has some medical condition they're embarrassed about that creates a bulge in the gun carrying area of their body and some inconsiderate doofus asked for you or whoever to provide an explanation to satisfy their burning curiosity because "hey" they're the center of the universe.

I've heard people boast "I have no filter" meaning they're proud of being ill mannered louts who should be ignored...

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Abraham wrote:Apparently, some folks here have been asked about their "bulge".

I don't feel compelled to answer personal questions from complete strangers.

If however, they were to persist, I'd be tempted to ask them things like what's that knot on your head...?

What size shoes do you wear, cuz man, you got some big feet.

I can dream up a lot of bogus answers to inappropriate/personal questions from people who don't deserve an answer...

Think about it.

Suppose, a person has some medical condition they're embarrassed about that creates a bulge in the gun carrying area of their body and some inconsiderate doofus asked for you or whoever to provide an explanation to satisfy their burning curiosity because "hey" they're the center of the universe.

I've heard people boast "I have no filter" meaning they're proud of being ill mannered louts who should be ignored...
Thanks for your reply, but were getting off track... As I said in my OP this is just for fun, this topic has been discussed elsewhere on the forum in a more serious tone.. But for this post I just wanted to provide a little entertainment..

Thanks

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Tex1961,

Sorry for getting off track.

You're right, my injecting a "too serious" note due to my being a cranky old cuss when the thought of things like I posted about comes up...

Rube Goldberg's wacky inventions (on paper) are some of my cherished memories from childhood. A wonderfully funny, clever cartoonist.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:Tex1961,

Sorry for getting off track.

You're right, my injecting a "too serious" note due to my being a cranky old cuss when the thought of things like I posted about comes up...

Rube Goldberg's wacky inventions (on paper) are some of my cherished memories from childhood. A wonderfully funny, clever cartoonist.
The cartoons were great, but I got a tremendous kick as a kid out of filmed “Rube Goldberg Devices” that would be shown on shows like the Johnny Carson show, and other variety entertainment shows.

Guinness Book of World Record world’s largest Rube Goldberg Machine lights Christmas Tree:
https://youtu.be/RBOqfLVCDv8
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”