Cooler locks

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Cooler locks

Post by cmgee67 »

My wife bought me a nice cooler for our anniversary. It’s made by Academy and it’s their Magellan brand. It’s just as tough as my dads yeti coolers and from what I’ve seen online it holds ice just as well. I’m lookin to find a good lock for it to tether to my pickup. I see most use a cable lock or a chain but bolt cutters can get right through those. Is there any cable that is bolt cutter resistant and also what lock? I know someone with enough time can get through anything. I’m mainly tryin to prevent the snatch n grabbers. I know some will say just don’t leave it in your truck but in my line of work a good cooler with drinks is a must especially in the summer time due to the heat.

Steamboat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cooler locks

Post by Steamboat »

I do not have a suggestion for a cable but I will tell you that I have a Magellan cooler. I had a chance to compare with RTIC coolers this summer. It worked as well as the RTIC and I've been pleased with it.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Your best bet would be to post a sign on your truck window telling potential thieves to not steal your chest. That should do it.

Maybe the legislature can make stealing illegal next session.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

anygunanywhere wrote:Your best bet would be to post a sign on your truck window telling potential thieves to not steal your chest. That should do it.

Maybe the legislature can make stealing illegal next session.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" Now I have to clean my screen again. Just blew coffee all over it
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

curryman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by curryman »

This one?

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magell ... id=3521001

I cut the plastic loop off the lid so I can lock a cable to it without locking it shut. Ran the cable around my ladder rack. I can still lock it closed by putting a lock on the other side.

Curryman

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I doubt snatch & grabbers are carrying bolt cutters.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Humpf!

I thought this was a thread about a new hair style...

curryman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by curryman »

glock27 wrote:Even if you have a good lock. Can’t they just saw the plastic around the lock??? I’m not sure how they are designed just a thought
The lid is plastic, under that is a metal bracket/bottle opener. It really is a good cooler design.

Curryman

aero10

Post by aero10 »

You could forego the lock and just bolt it directly to the truck bed; granted, it wouldn't be easy for you to get it out either, especially if it's full.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I decided to keep it in my back floor board and run a cable around my back seat mounting brackets and run that way. At least while it’s in my truck it’s got a little extra protection

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I bought an RTIC, I have it in the back of my suv. I do sales on construction sites so water and Cokes are currency! I fill it with ice on monday, by friday it is ice cold water. Monday when it time ti fill with ice again, sodas and water are still cool!
I got a rack and a divider. On the rack is my lunch for the day! Divider is to stop the slushing of ice water and sodas while im driving.
All around, good buy! And they have military discount of 15%
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

This is my first week with it and so far I’m impressed!

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

curryman wrote:This one?

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magell ... id=3521001

I cut the plastic loop off the lid so I can lock a cable to it without locking it shut. Ran the cable around my ladder rack. I can still lock it closed by putting a lock on the other side.

Curryman
Not sure about the OP, but that's the one I have and I love it! :thumbs2:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Return to “Off-Topic”