Knife addiction.... it’s real I admit it

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Knife addiction.... it’s real I admit it

Post by cmgee67 »

I am addicted to knives.... I have always been. Ever since I was a little boy I used to dream about them. Then when I finally got old enough I got one. I though surely this is it! Then I saw another prettier one... now over 2 1/2 decades later it has worsened. It used to be one knife every 4-5 months or so but now it’s almost every other month. Do I identify as a knife? No thats crazy talk! Or is it?

Hope y’all laughed at this but seriously I’m a knife nut and always have been. I have about 4 brands I like to collect. Spyderco, Benchmade, Great Eastern Cutlery, and Case. I have also started collecting Bark river knives. If you have not heard of them they are the best bush craft blades I have found for the price and fit and finish is outstanding. But, I just ordered a GEC #35 calf pen jack last night to add to the carry rotation. I carry two knives on me usually. One one handed opening knife and a traditional slip joint. Lately my combo has been a spyderco delica 4 with zume handle scales and a GEC boys knife in red jigged bone. Don’t let the others know but I enjoy knives and collecting them just as much as guns. The GEC #35 calf pen has a one handed opening spay blade that has a notch cut in the end so you can snag it on your pants thus making it one handed opening. It also features a wharncliffe blade that locks with a really fine tip for delicate and precise work such as splinters and what not. I got the black canvas micarta version.

Anybody else here a knife nut?

Anybody

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Knife addiction.... it’s real I admit it

Post by bmwrdr »

So what is your knife count? I have over 100 collected over many years and probably lost at least 50 or so. Many had been washed at least once, some are just not working right and a few have been abused and rendered intact. My collection is mainly Swiss Army models, Boker, several other European brands and of course Spyderco's. My favorites are the Boker Turbine, Spyderco Native 5 and of course the practical Swiss Army knives I have.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I will buy any Spyderco with an Emerson opener that I can get my hands on.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

My inventory count right now is close to 40. I have bought and sold so many over the years I’ve kept the ones I really like. But I’ve owned close to 200 I guess. NOT ENOUGH!
Richbirdhunter wrote:I will buy any Spyderco with an Emerson opener that I can get my hands on.
I do the zip tie mod. I’ve never had a a real Emerson opener except for on a ZT 0630 and I wasn’t a fan of that knife but the opener was cool

Return to “Off-Topic”