Things and Sayings That Annoy!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Things and Sayings That Annoy!

Post by bblhd672 »

pbwalker wrote:
imkopaka wrote:
pbwalker wrote:people who don't know the difference between sell and sale, and somehow manage to use them interchangeably.
:shock: I've seen things maaaaaaan.

How much to sale me some stories?
I went to a yard sell and bought a sale for my boat.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

People who vape in places that are marked "No Smoking" and believe that this does not apply to them. I'm sorry but your vape exhalations are just as offensive as tobacco smoke.

Plus, many of the things already listed on this post.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oohrah »

"Thank You for your service" I'm a Viet Nam vet and no one gave s**t about my service, so it annoys the c**p out of me now.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

rotor wrote:"Common sense" gun laws.
I guess it depends on how you were raised. My boys, (as do I) believe common sense gun law would mean any firearm you can afford, carry and shoot or want. :drool:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

twomillenium wrote:
rotor wrote:"Common sense" gun laws.
I guess it depends on how you were raised. My boys, (as do I) believe common sense gun law would mean any firearm you can afford, carry and shoot or want. :drool:
I agree completely. But when a democrat says common sense gun laws it's like nails scraping on a blackboard.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Soccerdad wrote
The stigma associated with the word "ignorant". It's not an insult to say that someone is uneducated on a topic, but most folks will take great offense at being told that they are ignorant about something.
What is the difference between ignorance and stupidity?
Ignorance is curable.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

oohrah wrote:"Thank You for your service" I'm a Viet Nam vet and no one gave s**t about my service, so it annoys the c**p out of me now.
I care.

I usually tell them, "No need for thanks, I enjoyed the work."

Creeps them out.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Path forward is another one. There's a lot of corporatese that annoys me.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

OlBill wrote:
oohrah wrote:"Thank You for your service" I'm a Viet Nam vet and no one gave s**t about my service, so it annoys the c**p out of me now.
I care.

Creeps them out.
"rlol" Good one!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

There's a lot of corporatese that annoys me.

Then perhaps you'd enjoy the adventures of Action Item, superhero.

http://professionalsuperhero.com/

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

OlBill wrote:
I care.

Creeps them out.
Another :txflag: well done!

Good thread to read and get a few laughs.

A couple of folks commented that maybe collectively, we shouldn't be so critical of others. Good point. I don't think any of us would claim to be perfect.

Still, I don't think it's that bad to encounter some of the stuff described and shake your head or even roll your eyes.

Sometimes it'll even make you think about your own habits which may or may not annoy someone!

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Abraham »

"Human resources" is another bit of corporate re-naming I dislike. What was wrong with the word: "Personnel"?

The term "Human Resources" reduces people to something akin to minerals...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My list is exceedingly long.... too long to post here. This is why I am “The Annoyed Man”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:"Human resources" is another bit of corporate re-naming I dislike. What was wrong with the word: "Personnel"?

The term "Human Resources" reduces people to something akin to minerals...
This reminds me of a manager I used to have who, when asked "do you have any resources available for this job?" would always respond, "no, but I do have people available." He must have been annoyed by the term human resources! :biggrinjester:

Return to “Off-Topic”