Dallas Gun Show - Market Hall

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 4

Dallas Gun Show - Market Hall

Post by Tex1961 »

Anyone else going to the Dallas Gun Show this coming weekend ?

Were in the Plano / Frisco area so I hate going to Fort Worth or Mesquite for those big shows. The DMH show is a quick drive down the tollway for me.. 1500 tables and I have a list and I've checked it twice.

If you see a guy with twin (20 year old) boys tagging behind him.. That's ME>>> Say Hi..

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Dallas Gun Show - Market Hall

Post by Beiruty »

Anything you like to buy, or browsing for the fun?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Quick background... I sold off a couple inexpensive guns and some old woodworking equipment that I didn't use anymore so, umm.. might say I have a little extra spending money burning a hole in my pocket.. I've been jonesing for another pistol anyway. I don't NEED anything but yea.. I got a list.

New CC belt.
Maybe some extra mags for a few of my other handguns
Pocket holster for my Ruger LC9s - Desantis on Amazon for $17.00 so we'll see

Not sure what firearm I want... Since I have my CCW, and a couple of nice range guns I'm just not sure what I want... I have an old Ruger Mark 2 that shoots great, but was thinking of a 1911 style 22... I don't know why, just kinda strikes my fancy....
I have been interested in the Ruger American or Ruger 9E for a while... Maybe the Canik SFX. Maybe I'll get lucky and somebody will have a used CZ75 or something like that...

Might even look at a few 6 shooters...

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Check this deal: https://www.iammo.com/beretta-apx-deal. ... escription
plus 3 mags from Beretta and 1 free holster.
I have the SFx you will liket it.
The reason is that I do not find the Gun Shows anymore price competitive unless you are looking for used item that you would like hackle about its price.
Beiruty,

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

And your right, usually their not to competitive anymore, especially with the proliferation of online gun sites that can really compete with them. Mostly It's a good excuse to be able to handle something that I am interested in. I'll see a gun for sale and read the description, but until I can put it in my hands and try it out it's a crapshoot... Found a cheap EAA SAR for sale that really looked good and had some decent reviews.. Found a used one at a local dealer and was able to pick it up, dry fire, etc.. I couldn't run away fast enough...

Really just a good excuse to buy jerky alligator and elk sausages and spend some time with my boys.. If something catches my eye then hey...

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

I will be there off and on. I work the blood drive for Scottish Rite Hospital.
If you give blood you get free admission to the show and help a child.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

Tex1961 wrote:Really just a good excuse to buy jerky alligator and elk sausages and spend some time with my boys.. If something catches my eye then hey...
About the same for me. I haven’t been in a while, but when I do go it’s like others going to see a movie...entertainment. My youngest turns 16 Thanksgiving Day, might take him to look at pocket knives.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Entertainment value for sure... More fun watching the Rambo's decked out in full tactical gear. (I'm impressed :roll: ) The old guy who wants to share every bit of his knowledge with you even though you didn't ask for any. The sweeper and the guy on his knees begging the wife because every house needs a rocket launcher...

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Tex1961 wrote:Entertainment value for sure... More fun watching the Rambo's decked out in full tactical gear. (I'm impressed :roll: ) The old guy who wants to share every bit of his knowledge with you even though you didn't ask for any. The sweeper and the guy on his knees begging the wife because every house needs a rocket launcher...

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: Sad but true
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

RPBrown wrote:
Tex1961 wrote:Entertainment value for sure... More fun watching the Rambo's decked out in full tactical gear. (I'm impressed :roll: ) The old guy who wants to share every bit of his knowledge with you even though you didn't ask for any. The sweeper and the guy on his knees begging the wife because every house needs a rocket launcher...

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: Sad but true
Never forget NAZI junk as if we are living in Berlin of 1934. And, The bazillion kind of knives that do not cut.
Beiruty,

Return to “Off-Topic”