Austin.....sure it is in Texas?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Austin.....sure it is in Texas?

Post by strogg »

To the topic of bags. The plastic bag ban is a bit overreaching, in my opinion. This has to do with people not responsibly disposing of them. Seriously, it's like making paper or cans or glass jars illegal because people won't recycle or toss them securely into the trash. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I am done putting my store bought items away, the plastic bags turn into the perfect sized liner for one of 10+ mini trash cans in my house. If for whatever reason I have a surplus, they go back to the grocery store where there is a bin in front to recycle these suckers. On the other hand, do you know how many of those reusable tote bags I've tossed? They get gross very quickly (whether you use them or not, actually), and I just toss them straight into the trash can due to the lack of liquid resistance. So much for being able to use them, let alone reuse them. Now THAT is a waste.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I was living in CA when the plastic bag ban hit. Stores were charging $0.10 a bag for their reusable plastic bags which were just thicker. Guess what? $0.10 a bag isn't enough to change behavior for all except the poorest or most frugal. We always forgot to bring our own bags. I do wonder why stores didn't just go back to paper but perhaps that's just being cheap.

The ironic part is that the money you paid for the bags wasn't collected by the state or anything else. It just went to the store itself.

Oh and California like Germany? Not hardly. California has become a parody of itself and the example of what happens when leftists are allowed to run amok unchecked.
Psalm 91:2

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Abraham wrote:When people cluster in cities they seem to go lefty bonkers...

I can't think of one Texas city that isn't riddled with lefties.

Or any other city in any other state that isn't infected with lefties.

I'm so glad I live in the countryside.

I don't have to see marijuana smoking, birkenstock sandal wearing, fans of bern, spouting 'holier than thou' platitudes, who're pro fascist, all the while claiming they're for freedom, and generally polluting the world with their idiocy.
I agree, Austin has turned into a cess pool of rot and liberal (communist) corruption. The homeless population in the downtown area makes it look like a scene from the Walking Dead. There are literally thousands of bums roaming the streets doing whatever drugs they can find and mugging people. It's sickening to see what liberalism (communism) has done to that once wonderful city.
TSRA Life Memeber

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

KLB

Post by KLB »

From the perspective of someone considering a move from the Left Coast, consider the utter horror of living in Austin. The city itself may be okay, but if you go there, you will be entirely surrounded by Texas.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

parabelum wrote:
infoman wrote:I live in Austin, & I like it! I’m proud to be a longhorn fan too. I’m also a democrate. I’m also proud to be a senior member of this great forum! & I did not vote for Trump. I guess I’m only one that has all these in common on here.
Congratulations. You’ve hammered seven in one! ... 1.Live in Austin, 2. and love it,3. longhorn fan, 4. a “democrate”, 5. senior member of forum, 6. did not vote for Trump (all roads lead to Trump), 7. only one with “common” sense. :hurry: :woohoo :thewave
Except he didn't actually say anything about common sense.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Oldgringo wrote:Is it legal for democrates to have guns?
Are democrates modern day followers of Socrates?

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Austin is an embarrassment. My daughter got a degree in 3.5 years from UT but survived her time in Austin. I hope my grandkids go to Hillsdale. And I hope they have common sense which will keep them from the left.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

infoman wrote:I made a simple typo, you guys are rude. I’m just saying not everyone on this forum votes republican.
Nah, we’re not rude. Like anybody else, we just enjoy a good joke, especially if it reinforces how we perceive “the loyal opposition’s” policies. Don’t be so thin-skinned.
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Is it legal for democrates to have guns?
Are democrates modern day followers of Socrates?
No. Socrates has been dead for a little while. They are followers of Hillary Clinton’s alias “Democrates”.....the pen-name she corresonds under in “The Communist Papers”.
KLB wrote:From the perspective of someone considering a move from the Left Coast, consider the utter horror of living in Austin. The city itself may be okay, but if you go there, you will be entirely surrounded by Texas.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
Now that there is funny! But consider the alternative view from the perspective of someone who escaped California and emigrated to Texas.... I wasn’t born here, but I got here as fast as I could. Texan by choice, if not by birth, and blessed because of it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

infoman wrote:I live in Austin, & I like it! I’m proud to be a longhorn fan too. I’m also a democrate. I’m also proud to be a senior member of this great forum! & I did not vote for Trump. I guess I’m only one that has all these in common on here.
infoman wrote:I made a simple typo, you guys are rude. I’m just saying not everyone on this forum votes republican.
OMG! Not everyone in Texas votes Democrate? lives in Austin? Roots for the Longhorns? Voted for Hillary? and has Liberal Common Sense?

Thank God for people that live outside of the Swamp but within Texas! :thewave :smilelol5:
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I think of Austin as a separate country that just happens to be surrounded on all sides by the Republic of Texas.

And to the OP, no offense intended by having fun with your typo. I forgot that people of a certain political belief system tend to be more easily offended than others. I'll try to provide you with more of a safe space in the future. After all, some of my favorite people are also democrates, including my wife.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Spelling Nazis and grammar Nazis aren't real Nazis...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen.
Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

parabelum wrote:Prime example of how leftists infiltrate, like little parasites they are.
^This!^

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

bmwrdr wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
To each his own! Just wondering, do you also put tomatoes in your fruit salad? (read signature line) :lol:
A tomatoe is actually a fruit abd bir a vegerable.
Read the whole post and follow instructions. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Off-Topic”