Austin.....sure it is in Texas?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Austin.....sure it is in Texas?

Post by WTR »

infoman wrote:I live in Austin, & I like it! I’m proud to be a longhorn fan too. I’m also a democrate. I’m also proud to be a senior member of this great forum! & I did not vote for Trump. I guess I’m only one that has all these in common on here.
So, where are you from originally?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

WTR wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:ALDI charges extra for a plastic or paper bag.
I remember HEB changing extra for bags......but 7-11...... Give me a break. At least HEB provides a cart you can carry your items out in. Now I know why my Mom requests Wal Mart bags when I come.
https://www.austintexas.gov/bags

Did he provide and charge you for a reusable bag? They are more expensive than the normal single use plastic bags.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bmwrdr »

mojo84 wrote:
WTR wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:ALDI charges extra for a plastic or paper bag.
I remember HEB changing extra for bags......but 7-11...... Give me a break. At least HEB provides a cart you can carry your items out in. Now I know why my Mom requests Wal Mart bags when I come.
https://www.austintexas.gov/bags

Did he provide and charge you for a reusable bag? They are more expensive than the normal single use plastic bags.
Well, paying for one-way or multi-way bags is not just a privilege for Austinians, we have that here in DFW as well. ALDI charged me $0.25 for a bag but that's already a while ago and I bring my own since. As for Walmart and all the others I'm sure the price of bags is already factored into their merchandise.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

infoman wrote:I live in Austin, & I like it! I’m proud to be a longhorn fan too. I’m also a democrate. I’m also proud to be a senior member of this great forum! & I did not vote for Trump. I guess I’m only one that has all these in common on here.
To each his own! Just wondering, do you also put tomatoes in your fruit salad? (read signature line) :lol:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

twomillenium wrote:
To each his own! Just wondering, do you also put tomatoes in your fruit salad? (read signature line) :lol:
A tomatoe is actually a fruit abd bir a vegerable.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

bmwrdr wrote: Well, paying for one-way or multi-way bags is not just a privilege for Austinians, we have that here in DFW as well. ALDI charged me $0.25 for a bag but that's already a while ago and I bring my own since. As for Walmart and all the others I'm sure the price of bags is already factored into their merchandise.

I am pretty sure that that these cheap plastic bags cost a lot less than a quarter. I see them on Amazon for 1000 for $15 or a penny and a half each.. I was in San Fransisco a couple of years ago and and I had about $200 worth of overpriced groceries rung up and they wanted they wanted to charge me a dime a bag extra. I walked off and left the groceries there. I'm sure the people in line didn't think much of me, but I don't think much of the leftist garbage that lives their either.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Liberty wrote:
bmwrdr wrote: Well, paying for one-way or multi-way bags is not just a privilege for Austinians, we have that here in DFW as well. ALDI charged me $0.25 for a bag but that's already a while ago and I bring my own since. As for Walmart and all the others I'm sure the price of bags is already factored into their merchandise.

I am pretty sure that that these cheap plastic bags cost a lot less than a quarter. I see them on Amazon for 1000 for $15 or a penny and a half each.. I was in San Fransisco a couple of years ago and and I had about $200 worth of overpriced groceries rung up and they wanted they wanted to charge me a dime a bag extra. I walked off and left the groceries there. I'm sure the people in line didn't think much of me, but I don't think much of the leftist garbage that lives their either.
Oh well, California is just a bit different, I'd say it is like Germany in some way.
Angela Merkels 2nd husband is a professor at an university there as well and I am almost certain his input weighs in as well.

flechero

Post by flechero »

infoman wrote:I made a simple typo, you guys are rude. I’m just saying not everyone on this forum votes republican.
Painting with a broad brush there, aren't you? Calling all of us rude for the words of one would be about like all of "us" calling you an idiot for your political affiliation. Both are rude.

As a "senior member" you should know by now that typos often get called out... generally it has nothing to do with your political leanings. There is even a nice red line under the misspelled words, for your convenience. :lol:

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

bmwrdr wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

Did you have a stroke while typing that?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

AJSully421 wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

Did you have a stroke while typing that?
Sorry about that, I misplaced my glasses but promise not to do it again.
BTW, whats wrong with the spell checker?

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

When people cluster in cities they seem to go lefty bonkers...

I can't think of one Texas city that isn't riddled with lefties.

Or any other city in any other state that isn't infected with lefties.

I'm so glad I live in the countryside.

I don't have to see marijuana smoking, birkenstock sandal wearing, fans of bern, spouting 'holier than thou' platitudes, who're pro fascist, all the while claiming they're for freedom, and generally polluting the world with their idiocy.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

infoman wrote:I made a simple typo, you guys are rude. I’m just saying not everyone on this forum votes republican.
Not just rude, but mostly “deplorable” as well! :biggrinjester: Clinging to our guns and patriotism.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Make that 'irredeemably deplorable' per the woman who would be king, but couldn't make it happen no matter how corrupt and Machiavellian.

Now, she and her Francis Underwood type husband are being hounded out of power by their own.

Hip Hip Hooray!

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WTR »

oohrah wrote:You are paying for the bags either way. You don't think Kroger just gives them away, do you? At least with Aldi, you have a choice to pay for the bag or not.
I don't see a bag discount in Austin. I can buy at a store and pay the same price and I get bags to carry my items in( at no extra cost). I guess Austin businesses are just using the bag ord. as an excuse to screw me.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

C'mon, it's ever so PC to bring your own hemp bag/bags for your groceries, this, that or the other...

Oh, and don't forget, if a criminal attacks you, it's because you are at fault for not adhering to economic justice...

Return to “Off-Topic”