Rule #1

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Rule #1

Post by Liberty »

Never talk to the Feds.
Flynn's, Libby's and Martha's only crime was talking to the Feds.
When will they ever learn?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rule #1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Apparently one of the 4 lies that he is pleading guilty to is him saying "I don't remember". That, my friends is dangerous.

Caveat - heard this on CNN, so may or may not be true.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

On the advice of counsel, I invoke my fifth amendment privilege against self-incrimination and respectfully decline to answer your question.
On the advice of counsel, I invoke my fifth amendment privilege against self-incrimination and respectfully decline to answer your question.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Seems people rarely get convicted for what the special prosecutor was hired to investigate. But they sure bag a bunch for what happens during the investigation.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

dlh

Post by dlh »

The lib media (Wash Po, Huff Po, NYT, etc.) bound to be severely disappointed that is all Flynn was charged with after months of investigation and who knows how much money spent. They were surely hoping for "dark conspiracies," illegal dealings, treason, money-laundering, all of which of course would be traced to TRUMP! Instead, all they got was this stupid T-shirt that said Flynn lied to the FBI...:)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

dlh wrote:The lib media (Wash Po, Huff Po, NYT, etc.) bound to be severely disappointed that is all Flynn was charged with after months of investigation and who knows how much money spent. They were surely hoping for "dark conspiracies," illegal dealings, treason, money-laundering, all of which of course would be traced to TRUMP! Instead, all they got was this stupid T-shirt that said Flynn lied to the FBI...:)
And it was about his failure to remember a phone call in December of 2016. AFTER THE ELECTION!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

As mentioned in another thread around here somewhere, going after Flynn was just to get the low hanging fruit. Then strong arm him/extort to get him to turn on bigger fish.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... probe.html
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Syntyr wrote:On the advice of counsel, I invoke my fifth amendment privilege against self-incrimination and respectfully decline to answer your question.
Or say nothing at all. If there’s anything you can be detained and arrested for you will not have to say anything for that to happen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Saying nothing at all does not mean you have invoked your 5th amendment right. You must assert that right to LE.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ed/314145/
The Supreme Court Decided Your Silence Can Be Used Against You
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Flynn didn't just talk to the Feds. He has now pled guilty to lying to the FBI.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

You can't lie if you don't talk.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm a bit confused I thought rule #1 was have a gun
#2 aim for center mass
#3 don't talk to LEOs without your attorney present!
Seems Mr. Flynn violated rule#3
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

crazy2medic wrote:I'm a bit confused I thought rule #1 was have a gun
#2 aim for center mass
I stand corrected :thumbs2:
Liberty''s Blog

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

C-dub wrote:Saying nothing at all does not mean you have invoked your 5th amendment right. You must assert that right to LE.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ed/314145/
The Supreme Court Decided Your Silence Can Be Used Against You
I love this place. This guy gets it... after Salinas, you now have to declare that you are invoking your right.

If you join any legal defense thing, like law shield (SDF is better) they will tell you to invoke the 5th and shut up.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

crazy2medic wrote:I'm a bit confused I thought rule #1 was have a gun
#2 aim for center mass
I thought Rule 1 was "All guns are always loaded." :fire

Maybe with federal law enforcement it's "All questions are always loaded." :evil2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Return to “Off-Topic”