December 7, 1941 - A Day to Remember

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

December 7, 1941 - A Day to Remember

Post by mojo84 »

"The day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, President Roosevelt appeared before a joint session of Congress and declared, “Yesterday, December 7, 1941–a date which will live in infamy–the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.” "

Today is a day to remember and honor those that were injured and killed when our country was attacked by Japanese forces.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: December 7, 1941 - A Day to Remember

Post by RPBrown »

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Prayers and thanks to all that have served and those that are serving now
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Thanks to those who served and sacrificed.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here's a challenge for those with children in school, private and public. When your kid(s) get home from school today, ask them if this day and historic event was discussed in any of their classes.

I doubt very many will report they discussed it. This will provide a good opportunity to bring them up to speed.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

May we never forget that "day of infamy" and the Greatest Generation" that sacrificed because of it.

:patriot:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I have been to the Arizona Memorial. It's a place unlike any other place I have ever been.

We must teach our grandchildren. We must never forget.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

mojo84 wrote:Here's a challenge for those with children in school, private and public. When your kid(s) get home from school today, ask them if this day and historic event was discussed in any of their classes.

I doubt very many will report they discussed it. This will provide a good opportunity to bring them up to speed.
Every year on this day my daughter and I rewatch this:

https://youtu.be/DwKPFT-RioU
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

On this date in 1941 my great uncle Robert Herriot became entombed on the battleship U.S.S. ARIZONA, my great uncle Raul went on to be assigned to the U.S.S. ENTERPRISE, my great uncle Tillman Dial Griffin served under Gen. George Patton during the battle of the bulge, my grandfather Clarence Calvin Herriot served in the Army in France To All My Family that Served THANKS YOU!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ELB

Post by ELB »

My dad was a farmer in Illinois until this happened. He enlisted shortly thereafter. He said he wanted to be a paratrooper but the people inducting him told him he was too small. They asked what he did for a living, and he told them he was a farmer. "So you know how to work on tractors?" Yes. So they sent him to become an airplane mechanic. Once trained, he spent the rest of the war in the Pacific Theater, not returning until after Japan surrendered.

God Bless Them All.
USAF 1982-2005

strogg

Post by strogg »

Thanks to all who were part of the effort. 07-DEC-1941 was a tough start to an even tougher war in the Pacific.

On a related note, I just went to the Pacific War museum in Fredericksburg less than a couple weeks ago (thanks to surprise_i'm_armed for the suggestion!). For those who are nearby, I highly recommend going. There is much to learn.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Lynyrd wrote:I have been to the Arizona Memorial. It's a place unlike any other place I have ever been.

We must teach our grandchildren. We must never forget.
When we went to HI, this was the first place we visited after we landed. To be standing over the Arizona while part of it is above water and realizing that there are still servicemen inside is surreal.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

strogg wrote:Thanks to all who were part of the effort. 07-DEC-1941 was a tough start to an even tougher war in the Pacific.

On a related note, I just went to the Pacific War museum in Fredericksburg less than a couple weeks ago (thanks to surprise_i'm_armed for the suggestion!). For those who are nearby, I highly recommend going. There is much to learn.

When I meet people from out of state, and they're traveling through or staying in central Texas, I always suggest they visit the Museum of the Pacific War.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

My grandpa was the Chief Petty Officer on the California when they bombed Pearl Harbor. He survived the attack and fought for days.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “Off-Topic”