PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Post by bblhd672 »

canvasbck wrote:There should be an amendment to this proposal removing all security measures (security guards, LEO presence, metal detectors, ect) from the council meetings.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Re: PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Post by Tex1961 »

LeonCarr wrote:Make each of the city council members work in one of those stores for a shift, and see how fast they climb down from their indignity ivory towers and wish they had bullet resistant glass.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
:iagree:

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OneGun »

Nice to see laws that increase the number of criminal protection zones! Guess the homicide detectives need the overtime.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

rotor

Post by rotor »

philip964 wrote:The Houston Bank of America I use has the plexiglass barriers. It's in a reasonably safe area. The criminals can't shoot the tellers, but they can put a gun to the head of a customer and demand money. Yes and the bank is posted. All of them are.
My feeling about using BofA is that you are already being robbed.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Most banks will hand over the money whether they are behind a barrier or not.

I think the article said most of the issue is at restaurant/bars. Apparently there are venues getting around their rules by calling themselves a restaurant, serving little or no food but selling beer and shots to people out of a to-go window. And the response of the local politicians is to make more silly regulations that are likely the reason those places are open in the first place.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

philip964 wrote:The Houston Bank of America I use has the plexiglass barriers. It's in a reasonably safe area. The criminals can't shoot the tellers, but they can put a gun to the head of a customer and demand money. Yes and the bank is posted. All of them are.
...I don’t understand, if the bank is POSTED how could robbers get their guns inside :confused5, perhaps the signs should be much bigger! My guess is they just didn’t see em!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WTR »

TreyHouston wrote:
...I don’t understand, if the bank is POSTED how could robbers get their guns inside :confused5, perhaps the signs should be much bigger! My guess is they just didn’t see em!
Public schools and reading comprehension these days.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Tex1961 wrote:Stupidity abounds
Totally agree, how stupid is this? Convenience stores are dangerous enough to work in and little pay. May as well sit with the cash register open using the honor system to pay. :banghead:

apostate

Post by apostate »

Have they already banned body armor for police and security guards?

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tex1961 »

Political correctness gone amuck... A Liberal snowflake minority councilwoman who is offended because these barriers represent her constituents and she can't handle the truth.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

philip964 wrote: I worked on a government facility (not saying who or where) it had shooting ports through the bullet resistive wall. In another one the solid walls below the plexiglass had what was called ballistic fibreglass panels behind the Sheetrock. It was a really cool material, had never seen it before.
I have http://www.armorcore.com product in my home and attached garage. Specifically where is not for discussion, but the why is to create a defensive position and or a coved path to move and or a "safe space".
Doing entire rooms or walls with this product is cost prohibitive for most id guess.. but most houses have very few choices to "stand your ground from" anyway, meaning you have fewer places to apply this product As well as, the barrier does not need to go floor to ceiling as I have no intention of standing on a ladder while defending my position.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Do what you say you're gonna do.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

E.Marquez wrote:
philip964 wrote: I worked on a government facility (not saying who or where) it had shooting ports through the bullet resistive wall. In another one the solid walls below the plexiglass had what was called ballistic fibreglass panels behind the Sheetrock. It was a really cool material, had never seen it before.
I have http://www.armorcore.com product in my home and attached garage. Specifically where is not for discussion, but the why is to create a defensive position and or a coved path to move and or a "safe space".
Doing entire rooms or walls with this product is cost prohibitive for most id guess.. but most houses have very few choices to "stand your ground from" anyway, meaning you have fewer places to apply this product As well as, the barrier does not need to go floor to ceiling as I have no intention of standing on a ladder while defending my position.
Thanks for providing the link. This looks like a great product, & a Texas company as well.

Could you please let us know the approximate cost per panel?

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

From the article:
“If we take down the safety glass, they're not changing their business model. They're not moving. What they will do is purchase firearms. I think that is a worse situation than what we have today,” Oh said ahead of Thursday’s vote.
And we just thought that our previous President was the best gun salesperson.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dangerous.com/38784/philade ... indignity/

They actually voted for it. 14-3 in favor.

Interesting. It is really starting to be apparent, one side defends the lawlessness as sort of a right. Robbery is so ingrained in the culture that it has become a way of life and there now need to be "rules" to protect lawlessness and the those who follow its path.

It is really hard for me to comprehend what I am seeing parts of this country turning into.

Return to “Off-Topic”