PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Post by philip964 »

http://www.fox29.com/news/politics/cont ... -committee

Bulletproof glass bill passes committee.

Bulletproof glass is racist and has to come down.

This is not fake news.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Post by Liberty »

Stupid bill although I must admit that I don't like having a barrier between me and the people I do business with. Fortunately I only run into this when I go into Houston. I don't buy gas there anymore. I don't feel safe in the neighborhoods where this is commonplace.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Re: PA: Philly wants "Freedom to rob". Bill to ban bulletproof glass passes committee

Post by Tex1961 »

Stupidity abounds

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I guess the council will move on banks next to remove the bullet proof partitions at teller booths. After all why should criminals be discriminated against and prevented from carrying out their chosen vocation? Sheesh! :banghead:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

There should be an amendment to this proposal removing all security measures (security guards, LEO presence, metal detectors, ect) from the council meetings.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

flechero

Post by flechero »

I don't feel safe in the neighborhoods where this is commonplace.
No one does... and that's exactly why they have the glass. (and exactly why most of us avoid them when we can)

Talk about overstepping a property owner's rights! I hope she is personally sued when the next clerk is hurt or killed in that neighborhood.
“We want to make sure that there isn't this sort of indignity, in my opinion, to serving food through a Plexiglas only in certain neighborhoods,” Councilwoman Bass said.
If the convenience stores in the "rich, white neighborhoods" were robbed routinely, there would be glass up there as well.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

The Houston Bank of America I use has the plexiglass barriers. It's in a reasonably safe area. The criminals can't shoot the tellers, but they can put a gun to the head of a customer and demand money. Yes and the bank is posted. All of them are.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

philip964 wrote:The Houston Bank of America I use has the plexiglass barriers. It's in a reasonably safe area. The criminals can't shoot the tellers, but they can put a gun to the head of a customer and demand money. Yes and the bank is posted. All of them are.
I somewhat seriously joke that the bulletproof glass is simply insurance that the customers will get shot first.
Psalm 91:2

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

philip964 wrote:The Houston Bank of America I use has the plexiglass barriers. It's in a reasonably safe area. The criminals can't shoot the tellers, but they can put a gun to the head of a customer and demand money. Yes and the bank is posted. All of them are.

All the banks around here are posted. However, the postings are not valid so I ignore them. I would love the council to try and tell the Feds to take theirs down. Every Fereral facility I have built or remodeled has the polycarbonate partitions, and you wouldn't believe how much the Federal Reserve has .

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

puma guy wrote:I guess the council will move on banks next to remove the bullet proof partitions at teller booths. After all why should criminals be discriminated against and prevented from carrying out their chosen vocation? Sheesh! :banghead:
Let's not forget police departments and government facilities like the meeting room for the Council. In addition to bullet proof barriers, metal detectors, the presence of LE / Security armed with guns, and other ""indignities" all need to be eliminated.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I wonder if they will try to make some of the privately held companies take the security mess out of their walls.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

WTR wrote:

All the banks around here are posted. However, the postings are not valid so I ignore them. I would love the council to try and tell the Feds to take theirs down. Every Fereral facility I have built or remodeled has the polycarbonate partitions, and you wouldn't believe how much the Federal Reserve has .
I worked on a government facility (not saying who or where) it had shooting ports through the bullet resistive wall. In another one the solid walls below the plexiglass had what was called ballistic fibreglass panels behind the Sheetrock. It was a really cool material, had never seen it before.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Those panels are nice, light yet bullet resistant. Before the panels we had to use 1/4 " steel plate ( a bit heavy).

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

I guess the 'humiliation' of being robbed outweighs bulletproof glass...

Frankly, I don't understand why small store owners would care to do business in high crime areas anyway...

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Make each of the city council members work in one of those stores for a shift, and see how fast they climb down from their indignity ivory towers and wish they had bullet resistant glass.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Return to “Off-Topic”