D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

Post by philip964 »

G26ster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

Post by G26ster »

He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

:iagree:

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.

Political football while the taxpayers foot the bill.

Where is the outrage over spending millions of taxpayer dollars on "settlements"?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

montgomery wrote:
G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.

Political football while the taxpayers foot the bill.

Where is the outrage over spending millions of taxpayer dollars on "settlements"?
The people who are constantly "outraged" over everything probably don't pay any taxes, so it's not their money so why be upset?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

franken and weiner are cut from the same rotten fabric.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

In the end, politicians win. Always.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

OldCannon wrote:I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

I'm fine with that gambit as long as the GOP appointee isn't Luther Strange, who gave a donation to the Dem in that race.

There is a huge difference between Moore and Franken. Moore is facing unproven allegations. Franken has admitted guilt.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
OldCannon wrote:I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

I'm fine with that gambit as long as the GOP appointee isn't Luther Strange, who gave a donation to the Dem in that race.

There is a huge difference between Moore and Franken. Moore is facing unproven allegations. Franken has admitted guilt.
Flake did. I didn't know Strange did too.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

While resigning he mentions Trump, class act for an ass.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Abraham wrote:franken and weiner are cut from the same rotten fabric.
I suggest new legislation imposing strick penalties for these “shenanigans” be called “Franken-Weiner” act. :lol::

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ign-300843

He is being urged to unresign. So he could be back.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

philip964 wrote:
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ign-300843

He is being urged to unresign. So he could be back.
Here is what I find Hypocritical:
At least four senators are urging Al Franken to reconsider resigning, including two who issued statements calling for the resignation two weeks ago and said they now feel remorse over what they feel was a rush to judgment.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who urged Franken not to step down to begin with — at least not before he went through an Ethics Committee investigation — said the Minnesota senator was railroaded by fellow Democrats.

What they did to Al was atrocious, the Democrats,” said West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin in an interview for POLITICO’s Off Message podcast to post on Tuesday.
Didn't see them feel so remorseful when they rush to judge Republicans or POTUS. The Democrats state their opinions as facts and MSM eats it up. Democrats are entitled to their opinions, but not their own facts.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Now that they can't use Franken as a club against Moore, they want him to stay.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

my money is on "Franken resigning" being the equivalent of "Moving to Canada". All lip-service......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Off-Topic”