AZ: Police release graphic video of officer involved shooting of Texas man

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

AZ: Police release graphic video of officer involved shooting of Texas man

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.newsweek.com/police-release- ... ing-742241

I'm not sure what the jury who saw this video was thinking when they let the former cop go free. Hopefully he never works in any job again where he is allowed to carry a firearm.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AZ: Police release graphic video of officer involved shooting of Texas man

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'd guess the jury saw a guy that was the subject of a MWG call reach behind his back and under his shirt one too many times.

All kinds of fail on both sides of that encounter, but I didn't see it as clear cut as the OP.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

I've seen enough videos that if I am ever in a similar situation, I'm probably laying spread eagle and NOT moving, regardless of instructions. They can call for back up and take me into custody from the ground. Too many things can go wrong and none of them end well for the civilian.

dlh
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dlh »

The article said the police officer was fired for violating department policy. What was the department policy he violated? I am not an LEO--maybe our police members know...
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

dlh wrote:The article said the police officer was fired for violating department policy. What was the department policy he violated? I am not an LEO--maybe our police members know...
There is a lot of talk about this online. Another article said he was allowed to use his own personal AR-15 rifle.

That violated department policy. The reason for the firing. That maybe and the 73 million dollar lawsuit.
The jury was not told about the inscription as it was ruled prejudicial.

Imagine being hit with an AR-15 at close range 5 times, he was probably dead with the first round.

None of the other officers fired their weapons.

Apparently there is a test going on where you play the video and try and comply correctly with the officers demands without messing up. He was drunk by the way.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WTR »

Looks like an execution to me. The fact that there was an aquital makes me sick to my stomach.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

This is getting a lot of play on the "Gateway to Airguns" forum. It seems the gun in the deceased's possession was a pellet gun that he used as a pest exterminator? I suspect the town is going to be out a lot of money......and rightly so.

philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

Oldgringo wrote:This is getting a lot of play on the "Gateway to Airguns" forum. It seems the gun in the deceased's possession was a pellet gun that he used as a pest exterminator? I suspect the town is going to be out a lot of money......and rightly so.
The company he worked for had a contract to kill all the birds that get inside Walmart's. He went from town to town, shooting birds with a pellet gun inside Walmarts.

Drunk with friends in his motel room plinking from his upper floor window, when some one saw the barrel sticking out the window and called the police.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

RoyGBiv wrote:I'd guess the jury saw a guy that was the subject of a MWG call reach behind his back and under his shirt one too many times.

All kinds of fail on both sides of that encounter, but I didn't see it as clear cut as the OP.
:iagree:
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Bad shoot no matter what. The victim was compliant, scared and presented no threat. The jury is with no IQ whatsoever. The prosecutor should told them, what would you do if you are in the victim shoes.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The cop was screaming, conflicting and confusing orders. The young man was scared and seemed to be doing his best to comply. The Officer kept saying he was gonna kill the boy for the slightest infraction.

Back in the day our drill sergeants would get in our faces and scream at us. We all figured out that it required a lot more concentration when the emotions ran high. I am not an LEO but I was left wondering right at the beginning why they didn't secure and cuff the guy as soon as he was face down. Instead the guy was hollering telling him to do all kinds of silly things. I know if it were me I would have had a hard time following his instructions and I wouldn't have had anything to drink. This guy was sounding like he was real anxious to kill himself a badguy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Seems like the propper procedure would have been to have the guy lay still face down and cover him while another officer or two approached and cuffed him. But what do I know. I'm just a mere citizen with no special training.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

OlBill
Posts in topic: 11

Post by OlBill »

mojo84 wrote:Seems like the propper procedure would have been to have the guy lay still face down and cover him while another officer or two approached and cuffed him. But what do I know. I'm just a mere citizen with no special training.
They were trying to get him away from the room so they could stack on it. Hotels are hard.

Las Vegas got that guy killed.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

OlBill wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Seems like the propper procedure would have been to have the guy lay still face down and cover him while another officer or two approached and cuffed him. But what do I know. I'm just a mere citizen with no special training.
They were trying to get him away from the room so they could stack on it. Hotels are hard.

Bad training and a bad cop killed that guy in 2016.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

OlBill wrote:

How did the Vegas incident have an effect on this situation that happened in January of 2016 which was long before Vegas?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”