Reduced price on Ring.com at Amazon

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Reduced price on Ring.com at Amazon

Post by ELB »

Ring.com offers door bell and security cameras and Carlson1 mentioned that he uses one and he liked it well enough he has added more. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=90395&p=1171736&hi ... m#p1171736

Ring.com sells their baseline model for $179 on their own site and at Amazon, and it comes in various colors to match house decor, but for the moment the Amazon has the satin silver version for $133. I have been thinking about these for awhile, so I jumped on this one. If it works out then I will expand the herd.

ETA: For some reason the direct link I put in this post didn't work, it just takes you to the general amazon.com site, not sure why. So if you are interested, just go to Amazon.com and search for "Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell in Satin Nickel".
USAF 1982-2005

Frankie

Re: Reduced price on Ring.com at Amazon

Post by Frankie »

I purchased Nest cameras for my house and i’ve been very happy. Had my truck rummaged through and when PD took the report, the officer commented on how easy it was to make and email the video clip.
I’ve also captured a stunk, possum, armadillos, a owl, and a cat that is a regular.

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Frankie wrote:I purchased Nest cameras for my house and i’ve been very happy. Had my truck rummaged through and when PD took the report, the officer commented on how easy it was to make and email the video clip.
I’ve also captured a stunk, possum, armadillos, a owl, and a cat that is a regular.
What, got one in the bathroom?

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Did ring require a monthly subscription?

I have Arlo, very reliable. Only downside is camera misses fist few seconds of video. If subject is moving fast you miss them. You still get alerted but you only catch a back.

apostate

Post by apostate »

philip964 wrote:Did ring require a monthly subscription?
Not to use it as a video doorbell with two-way audio, but you need a subscription to automatically save video. IIRC a single device subscription is $3/mo or $30/yr.

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

The way my Ring works is it kind of steps backwards in the recording. It is too slow to connect and capture live view when you get the alart, but the actual recording usually captures subjects before they come into view. I can post a video of a example if you want?

Yes you have to pay a subscription to save recordings. One camera is $30 a year or $100 for unlimited cameras. It is warranted against theft, if stolen just file a report with LE and they will send a new one.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

ELB wrote:Ring.com offers door bell and security cameras and Carlson1 mentioned that he uses one and he liked it well enough he has added more. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=90395&p=1171736&hi ... m#p1171736

Ring.com sells their baseline model for $179 on their own site and at Amazon, and it comes in various colors to match house decor, but for the moment the Amazon has the satin silver version for $133. I have been thinking about these for awhile, so I jumped on this one. If it works out then I will expand the herd.

ETA: For some reason the direct link I put in this post didn't work, it just takes you to the general amazon.com site, not sure why. So if you are interested, just go to Amazon.com and search for "Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell in Satin Nickel".
Here’s working link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N2ZDX ... ref=plSrch
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Here is a example of a cat caught by motion detection, as you can see it actually started the recording before the cat came into view. This is a Ring Doorbell Pro, it records in 1080, but on YouTube its in 720.
https://youtu.be/trZMn7gZlew

Return to “Off-Topic”